I saw this tag going around quite a while ago, but now decided to play along -
Disclaimer - the picture suck, I know, I am retarded, but this is as good as it is going to get. Deal.with.it.
1. Where did you and your husband meet? On a blind date. My best friend was dating one of his best friends and they thought we would go great together.
2. How long before you kissed? Second date – I am, I mean, he is a quicker mover.
3. Who kissed who first? He moved in, I met him half way.
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? Officially? Waaaay back then, you got “promised” before an actual engagement. We met in November, gave me a promise ring in January, and we married in August.
5. How did he propose? He gave me the promise ring pretending he was going to break up with me. Mean, mean man!
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? He picked out the promise ring, but we both picked out the actual wedding rings.
7. Do you still like the ring? Love it! Even if the dude as Massey’s Jewelry assured us that this was a “one-of-a-kind” and then within the first year of marriage I saw 4 other girls with my SAME ring! I really love the simple gold band I added when we got sealed in the temple.
8. Where was your wedding and reception? Got married in his parent’s backyard with the reception shortly thereafter. Then in 1997 our family got sealed in the Jordan River Temple.
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? One maid of honor, my best friend from high school (we had just graduated); and two little flower girls.
10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses? Burgundy
11. What was your bouquet made of? Red roses
12. Who gave you away? No one.
13. Did you cry during your wedding? I don’t think so, I was just so nervous about falling off my shoes.
14. What style was your dress? So Eighties!! UUGGGHHH!
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? Sweeet, sweeeet, sweeeeet!
16. Who caught your bouquet? I can’t remember, but I think it was my maid of honor
17. What flavor was your cake? Chocolate, I think
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? Totally smashed. We suck.
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? No dancing.
20. What did you serve your guests to eat? Traditional backyard low budget wedding eats. Nut cup, punch and cookies.
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? OH……bad question! MY family decorated, I mean, DESTROYED the car. They just don’t know when to stop. Let’s just say this, it involved water, flour, Vaseline, kitty litter, toothpaste and Oreos. It took over 10 years for Splenda Daddy to get over it. And I’m sure if he reads this, he’ll start twitching again.
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? Yikes, I don’t even remember! I did like the bottle of champagne that came from his work. (in my other life)
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? A wok. It was a re-gift to us, and then we re-gifted it and later we saw it re-gifted AGAIN! Niiiiiice.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? To his family cabin. We had special permission since we weren’t owners, but his Aunt Ruth had to “check” on us during our time there. Talk about a little awkward. HELLO! Does anyone even get dressed at all during their honeymoon at a remote cabin in the woods? Does dashing into the bathroom with a sheet wrapped around you mean anything? Fond, fond memory.
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? I would have changed EVERYTHING except the sweetie I married. I mean look at that rockin mullet and the porn start mustache! He was and still is HAWT, HAWT, HAWT! I'm just lucky he would take me with that Sun-In damaged, brillow pad, roots showing, hair and chubby face!
I tag anyone that wants to play along (who hasn’t already) and relive their wedding day!