Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The 10 commandments of dogs
If you are not a dog lover, don't bother with this post. Just go ahead and move onto the next one, you won't get this. Serious. I won't be mocked for this!
Okay, if you know me even a tich, I HATE cheesy, schmaltzy stuff. No butterfly kisses, rainbows and blah blah blah crap. Even a tear-jerker chick flick is pushing it for me. It's just... just... well WEIRD! Feelings and all that stuff. I just barely started to hug people outside of weddings and funerals. And sitting at dinner staring romantically at my husband? Or professing deep thoughts of love? BLECH!
That being said, I got this in an email, and now have adopted it as doctrine. Cheesy, schmaltzy crap and all......
A DOG'S TEN COMMANDMENTS..........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your voice, when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt
you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy, or uncooperative, ask yourself
if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right
food, I have been in the sun too long, or, my heart might be getting
old, or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say
you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is
easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and
joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!
My own four legged babies.......
My dear Jordan (in bad need of her Schnauzer hair cut like above pic)
Kasey (who I no longer secretly want to sell to a farm)
And my beloved Kodi (Yes, those are her ashes, and yes, I am THAT weird)
If you're not a dog lover and you've gotten this far in the post, well too bad suckah!
And if you are a dog lover, I hope we've now connected on some strange animal level.