Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year - 2009
Happy New Year 2009!
It's that time of year where several of us either make resolutions or set goals. I like to do both. Goals are those things that I aspire to and will continually work toward. Resolutions (resolute), are those things that WILL be changed, improved or let go of. There is no try in resolution, there is only do or do not. He was a wise one that Yoda.
1. Participate in at least one race every month (check January off!)
2. 1/2 Marathon by spring
3. Tri (sprint triathlon) by summer.
4. Full marathon by fall.
5. Decrease swearing. Really. Sad when your husband refers to you as sailor mouth.
6. Eat better. Less junk, more body efficient foods.
1. Visiting teaching every month - even if it's just a call
2. Scripture reading daily - even if it's just a verse.
3. Daily prayer - even if it's in the car on the way to work.
4. Say I love you as many times a day as possible. At LEAST once a day - even if it's to BFF's. Look out.
5. Express verbal gratitude at least once a day - even if it's to the check out clerk at the store.
Setting my sights high, but not out of reach. It is all about reasonable expectations after all.
Here's wishing you and all yours a very Happy New Year! I love you!