Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - 2009


Happy New Year 2009!
It's that time of year where several of us either make resolutions or set goals. I like to do both. Goals are those things that I aspire to and will continually work toward. Resolutions (resolute), are those things that WILL be changed, improved or let go of. There is no try in resolution, there is only do or do not. He was a wise one that Yoda.
My goals?
1. Participate in at least one race every month (check January off!)
2. 1/2 Marathon by spring
3. Tri (sprint triathlon) by summer.
4. Full marathon by fall.
5. Decrease swearing. Really. Sad when your husband refers to you as sailor mouth.
6. Eat better. Less junk, more body efficient foods.

My Resolutions?
1. Visiting teaching every month - even if it's just a call
2. Scripture reading daily - even if it's just a verse.
3. Daily prayer - even if it's in the car on the way to work.
4. Say I love you as many times a day as possible. At LEAST once a day - even if it's to BFF's. Look out.
5. Express verbal gratitude at least once a day - even if it's to the check out clerk at the store.

Setting my sights high, but not out of reach. It is all about reasonable expectations after all.
Here's wishing you and all yours a very Happy New Year! I love you!
xoxox
M

9 comments:

tammy said...

Great list! We've said family prayer so many times in the car on the way to school, that Connor thinks we need to pray everytime we get in the car now.

tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina P. said...

I would like to actually increase my swearing. I don't say the F word nearly enough.

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

Hey!! Good goals and resolutions!!! So, I have to say every year I set a LOT of goals and resolutions. Well this year I am giving myself a break and picked ONE thing. I know it was hard to pick ONLY ONE. But I picked to tickle Trevor's back 3 times a week at least!!! LOL! Okay well have a happy new year YO! love ya, Bri

Martha H. said...

You are amazing and I *heart* you!!!!

Omgirl said...

You've made me rethink my policy of not doing resolutions. Because I realized from reading in your list that I REALLY need to work on scriptures. I read them ZERO times last year. yes, you read that right. ZERO. Except in chruch, which I'm pretty sure doesn't count for blessings. Or wisdom. I will try to mend my ways. Thanks for the inspiration (and reminder)!

Jan said...

That is a list of worthiness. I hope you can accomplish it for the both of it. You out do me by a ton.

Happy New Years Melissa. So glad to know you.

tiburon said...

I will participate in goals #1, #3 and #6.

You are on your own for the rest.