Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Quiz -

A New Year Quiz

Totally stole this from Tiburon's blog, feel free to steal it from mine.
Let me know if you do so I can read your answers.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Ran a 5k – several of them. Ran a 6k, and a couple of 10k's.
Weighed less than 110 pounds in my adult life.
Graduated to granny (bifocal) glasses.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t make any for 2008, but have repented and am working on some for 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Mi Sobrina. Beautiful, beautiful Tayvree

4. Did anyone close to you die? My Nonalee. Breast cancer SUCKS! Consider donating to the Susan G Komen fund or participating in the Race for the Cure this spring.

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico. Cancun to be exact. My own personal paradise. Going back in 2010.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More patience, and a lot more charity.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Mother’s day, when we got to talk to Luke in Chile for the first time since he left. Christmas eve, when we got to talk to him again. July 24th – after my first 10K. The exhilaration of finishing was amazing!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Dodging the several bullets lodged in my lungs in the form of blood clots.

9. What was your biggest failure? I have now sat on this question for over 20 minutes. Maybe too personal to share.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? See number 8. Pulmonary emboli to be exact.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I technically didn't buy this, but Splenda Daddy did and it is my new BFF Canon. Love my new camera!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Tuffy. Seriously, you can't put a price on awesome since he's cornered the market!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Toss up. J and/or C

14. Where did most of your money go? I wish I knew

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The knowledge that Splenda Daddy now has enough in savings to pay for our trip to Cancun in '10

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Anything Rascal Flatt's. That's when I got really turned on to them.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer (less people to take care of financially)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Weekend get-aways.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Partying with my own pity.

20. How did you spend Christmas? At home with the regular traditions minus Lukie.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Fall? No, grow deeper? Yes.....!

22. What was your favorite TV program? The Office undoubtedly

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Too strong a word, but there are a few people I really dislike so I just let them drop by the wayside. Life's too short.

24. What was the best book you read? It's been so long since I actually read a book...at least not one in 2008. Unless you count the BOM. Then yes, I did read a book, a very good book!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? My own son's amazing drum skills.

26. What did you want and get? Still waiting, I'll let you know when it happens.

27. What did you want and not get? see 26

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Batman - The Dark Knight. AWESOME!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 42 and sad to say, I don't remember what we did.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money so that I wouldn't need to work and could spend my life doing volunteer work (or something frivolous - I'm not picky)

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Ever changing. Basically whatever I could find that would fit.

32. What kept you sane? The gym. Running. The release of the endorphins. Laughing with/at Tiburon. My Splenda Daddy. My Tuffy who is a freakin ROCK. The Chunch.
And numbers......yes numbers......


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Heath Ledger. I am still fascinated and saddened at his story.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election. I'm still stirred.

35. Who did you miss? Luke and Grandma Litster

36. Who was the best new person you met? Tiburon. She is someone who truly gets me and I think/hope still likes me. I can say anything in front of her and know that it's safe and that she's not judging me. I can actually let my inner 13 year old self out. She laughs at my attempts at humor. She inspires me at the gym. She's a rare gem whose friendship I prize deeply. (Wow,I bet there is a song in all this isn't there?)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Never, ever, ever judge. You just don't know what goes on behind people's front doors. And if you did know, you'd probably be ashamed for thinking some of the mean things you might have thought. That what goes around comes around and you're never exempt from trials.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I think I'm going outta my head."

6 comments:

tammy said...

I love your answers. So fun to read these things about you. And we have a lot in common.

Martha H. said...

This is fab. I might steal it and post my own answers.

Natalie said...

I learned some new stuff about you! You are an amazing lady!!! I agree with that last remark about never judging someone else...you never know what they are going through. So true! Tell the Splenda Daddy hello for us.
Nat and Alan

tiburon said...

Love your list and thanks for the kind words :) How could I not love you! :)

There should totally be a song. Lets write it. And then we can sing it. In a store. Or sitting on our throne of lies.

Sher said...

I love this! It's fun to get to know you better.
I'm totally copying you!!

Anonymous said...

Love your outlook on life...you are such an inspiration!