Saturday, January 17, 2009

Puppy Update!

Well the little darlings have gone for about a month, but I have been lucky enough to get some updates from their new families.
Ellie:

Hi Melissa,
Just thought I'd give you the latest - Ellie had her next round of shots yesterday. Poor girl was scared to death! She was shaking like crazy while I was filling out all of the papers. Then, once we got into the exam room, she just started crying. Oh I felt so bad, I just wanted to run out of there with her! Once the vet came in she actually calmed down. She had two shots, one of which was up the nose. Didn't cry at all though - she's such a tough girl. Oh, and she weighed in at 4 whole pounds! She's such a runt compared to Hummer's 7 pounds!!!

A few hours ago I heard her barking at the door to go outside. So I took her out and thought, 'hmmm, its about time she learned to go down those stairs." So I showed her how to do it, one by one. Sure enough, the next time she went outside, down she went!!! She's such a quick learner! I even took a video with my camera but then I accidentally deleted it :( Jesse is trying to recover it for me, and if he does, I'll be sure to send it to you. She's had such a good weekend! No accidents in the house, she's started barking at the door when she needs to go out, AND learned how to get down the stairs! You can tell she's proud of herself. She gets so excited when she does good things!
Also, attached a few pictures. Ellie's found her favorite spot in the house - right on top of the heater. So cute. Even with the scary blue eyes :)


Max:

Hi Melissa,
Just a quick update on Max and a picture. He got his 3rd set of shots last week and his first puppy hair cut. We were excited to finally see his eyes! He is doing well. Finding lots of new things to chew on each day. My least favorite choice is the carpet. His most favorite choice are the shoes in the mudroom. Needless to say, it's going to be a long year of chewing.
I have another question about his food. Which science diet flavor has he been eating? And where is the best place to buy it?
Thanks,
Melinda

And finally, last but not least, Hummer:
"And in the blue corner, weighing in at an astounding 7.3 pounds, Huuuuuuummer the Maaaaaaaaltzeeeeeeeer!!! This guy is getting huge. And he seriously gets cuter every day!"
No pictures of Hummer - waaahhhhhh!

There are times that I miss them all terribly. I even hear phantom puppy cries sometimes. Then other times, like yesterday when cleaning my kitchen and discovered this:
How did I miss that for the whole last month?

I'm okay with them being in new families. Really.

4 comments:

Martha H. said...

Those are some cute, cute puppies.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

How cute are those puppies! They are adorable! This was a cute post!

tiburon said...

Awww they look like they are doing great!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get a picture of Hummer, but he won't hold still and my new camera doesn't have a puppy setting!