Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If it's Wednesday, then I'm wondering WHY? The illustrated version



Many important pressing issues today that have me scratching my head and wondering why.......

WHY have I not learned my lesson about wearing my heart rate monitor watch on my wrist during kickboxing? WHY when we were doing backfists and I kept feeling pain, did I not remove the watch and place it somewhere else on my self? WHY do I always have to be such a dork and learn these lessons the hard way and multiple times?

WHY do I find such perverse pleasure in this sight that greets me EVERY time I pull in the driveway? That dang dog has ruined more furniture and the window sill by his desperate need to see outside at all times, but yet, I still find my self singing "How much is that doggie in the window", every time I pull into the driveway and see him perched in his spot watching the world go by. It makes me smile even though I'd like to spank him silly for this terrible need of his!

And WHY is it that I can fall so head over heels in love with this group of 14 and 15 year's so quickly? I don't even like girls, but within weeks, they have completely stolen my heart and I think about them and worry about them all the time. WHY?

Please feel free to share any wise enlightenment that you have for me and what your pressing questions of the day are for you......

13 comments:

Pedaling said...

those girls are lucky to have you.

and the dog question, i don't know, but you are right; they steal your heart even amongst the midst of all their havoc!

Jan said...

We got our little annoying puppy back from the vet yesterday, and I am still wondering why we keep her, but she has stolen our heart. Pesty thing though.

Young Womens is the best. I bet you are the funnest leader ever. You have them wrapped around your little finger I bet. Have fun. If you ever want an idea for a project for them, I have the best one ever.

Kristina P. said...

In general, I don't like working with girls in social work. They are HARD! But, in my current anger management I am teaching, we actually have 3 girls in there. The most I've ever had, and I love them! They are awesome!

rychelle said...

LOVE that puppy picture!

Mia said...

I hear all the puppy love and I just can't commit! I am with you on the Young Women though, special ladies.

tammy said...

I have a love/hate relationship with my lab. He is a big cuddly marshmellow but sheds everywhere and it drives my crazy.

I would've loved to have you as a YW leader because you "get it".

Vanessa said...

Watch the Dog Whisperer. It will change your life.

Tink said...

I'm excited you came my way! What a treat! And I loved-loved working in young womens! You are lucky to still be there. I was in the YW's for 10+ years. And your dog is like ours--I love to see their noses in the window. So cute! I'll be back to visit your blog! Trying 2 Stay Calm posted about a bloggy lunch we're doing in Layton! Hope you can join us.

Erin said...

What a cute dog!

But your wrist doesn't look so cute.

dubb and dawni said...

CUZ ...the girls have such special spirits and I'm sure they love you. And the doggie is so cute in the window.

Omgirl said...

It sounds like you need to Milan-ify that dog. As in, Cesar Milan. But don't ask me how. I just preach, not practice.

nikkicrumpet said...

SHeeesh that big old owie would give me an excuse to not do any housework for a week...would somebody please kick me as soon as I put on my watch! And it is amazing how fast you fall for a group of teens. I taught the beehives for 4 years...at one time in my ward...we had 27 active beehive girls...yes you heard me right! And we had a ball!!!!!!

tiburon said...

Dude - that bruise is nasty!