Thursday, January 29, 2009
Thankful Thursday - with a snarky twist today
Feeling a little snarky today, so while I am thankful for many things, there are several that are just "buggin" today....
1. I am NOT technically inclined in the least. I HATE the fact that I need help with anything remotely technical, computerized, automated....you get the idea. However, I AM THANKFUL that Tiburon has my back and not only lets me lift her Thankful logo, but helps me with my heart rate monitor. Both in the set up and reading the da** thing in the morning.
2. I HATE winter. I hate the wet, the cold, the snow, the deadness all around me. However, I AM THANKFUL that I have a nice warm house, with a furnace and a hot cornbag to warm me up and keep me warm.
3. I HATE the new president's "economic stimulus package". I'm not exactly sure how it's going to simulate the economy in any time soon and think it's a bunch of agenda stuff that his particular party has wanted for years and now have the ability to giftwrap it in the form of a "stimulus" package. However, I AM THANKFUL that I live in the United States and while our economy is suffering, I am not watching my babies die from cholera, lack of nutrition, aids or other diseases. That we have the freedoms we do and the ability to voice our own opinions.
4. I HATE the fact that Splenda Daddy's company is loading the lay-off gun. Don't know how many rounds or where the barrel will be pointed yet. But, I AM THANKFUL that I have a job that is recession/depression safe.
5. I HATE driving 32 miles round trip to my office. Waste of time, gas and frustration with other koo-koo drivers. I AM THANKFUL though, that I can WFH once a week. Seriously, best blessing ever, and I really get more work done. No lie.
6. I HATE the fact that Splenda Daddy is sick. We all know what that means. You know, when your DH is sick...... However, I AM THANKFUL for Splenda Daddy in my life. Cold and all. In fact, his voice is so low, it's sexy.
What are you thankful for today? Or what's buggin? I am interested in either.....