Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Quizicle


Playing along from Tiburon.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for Christmas, but gift bags the rest of the year.

2. Real tree or artificial? Had both, now a fan of the fakey. Next up, a pre-lit fake one. Stupid lights!

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Christmas night or first thing the next morning.

5. Do you like eggnog? DISGUSTING! Ranks right up there with cheese of any sort, INCLUDING cheesecake. Which is an oxymoron in my book. They shouldn't be used in the same word or sentence.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My first cassette player (I'm old) with my FIRST ever big girl music of my own. Fleetwood Mac - STILL LOVIN IT!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yep. Two of them. Once from Mexico - thanks TNT and one from DB.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My D

9. Easiest person to buy for? Anyone I can do a gift card for.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Um, a very, um, nice sweater that my D bought me MANY years ago. We since then have made a pact to NOT buy clothes for one another.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I should do Christmas cards sometime.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation; Elf and Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday - Day after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Abso-freakin-lutley! Sometimes I miscount the neighbor gifts I should have purchased.....

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Green eggs and ham Christmas morning. A favorite tradition! That and Almond Roca.

16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? All red. Stupid lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? Arise, Shine Forth

18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. Every year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen {and Rudolph?}

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Big red bow. Bucking tradition.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Everyone opens one on Christmas eve, which just "happens" to be pajamas. The rest Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The process of trying to figure out what to buy for whom. And keep everyone happy.

23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Too many to pick just one! Is it the white elephant exchange with my family? Is it the green eggs and ham in the morning? Is it the candles and story on eve? so so many.

24. Up early or sleeping in? The older my boys get, the later we sleep. OH YEAH!

25. Who hands out the gifts? Corbin is usually the one under the tree diving them out. That kid is in paradise at Christmas time.

26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Wraps. Except for the year of the big screen tv. Oh, and the year of the puppy.

27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Which one? Oh you mean the one from the SCRIPTURES! Um, no. (ducking the lightening strike)

28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? When the boys were little yes. Now I just eat cookies and call it a night.

Tag, you are it!

2 comments:

tiburon said...

Just so you know - Quizicle is better than TESTicle ;)

Thanks for playing along!!

Martha H. said...

Just so you know, I am SO putting this on my blog, too.

And I agree with Tiburon about Quizicle being better than testicle. ha ha ha