Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Son - the SupahStah!!

Tuffy.

Really, the dude rocks. Literally.

He has taken up the drums during the past year, thanks in good part to Rock Band. In fact, he got so good on the drums in Rock Band, that he wanted to give the real drums a whirl. Dave found a used set about 6 months ago, and since then, the boy has taught himself to play. REALLY PLAY.
I am amazed watching and listening to him. Knowing that he is completely self-taught makes me admire him even more. He now hooks up the Xbox 360, the Rock Band game and then plays his real drums with the game. Or, he'll listen to a song and then play the drum piece by ear. My favorite though, is when he just goes down and free-styles it. Totally cool!


Look out Alex VanHalen and Neil Peart, this kid could totally take you!

1 comment:

tiburon said...

Woo hoo!!

I will see if I can get DJ Leia to do a show with him.