Sunday, December 21, 2008

A mouthful of pure HEAVEN !!


I was asked to share this recipe from SEVERAL sources yesterday. In fact, the joke was, "post it on your blog".
This happens to be one of the VERY few things that I actually bake or cook or whatever it is that you people do in the kitchen. It's a hit wherever I take it, and have shared the recipe often.
So familia Catmull, (and anyone else who cares) - here you are! Enjoy the "gazillion calories a slice" of heaven!

Pumpkin Dessert
1 yellow cake mix
1 can of Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix (not the canned plain pumpkin but the pumpkin pie mix)
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine (divided into 1/4 and 1/2)
Cinnamon

Grease or spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 cake pan.
Measure 1 cup of the cake mix and set aside. To the remaining cake mix, add ½ cup margarine and 1 egg. Mix and press into the bottom of the cake pan.
Mix pumpkin, 2/3 cup milk, and 2 eggs. Pour over the first layer in the pan.
To the left over cup of cake mix add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine and cinnamon (to taste)
Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over the pumpkin
Bake at 350 for one hour. If using a glass dish, back at 325

Serve with Cool Whip or whip topping.

The slice pictured above, may or may not have been my breakfast. Just.Saying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds de-lish. Thanks for the recipe.

Kristina P. said...

This sounds amazing! I need to see if I have all these ingredients.

tammy said...

I'm glad to hear that you may have eaten for breakfast, because I was wondering if I could serve that for breakfast on Christmas.

rychelle said...

Man, that looks delish!

tiburon said...

I have eaten my fair share of this delicious treat.

I thank you for posting the recipe. So does my ass.