Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dinner with fam in St Jorge

So as luck would have it, my Mom and John were in St George this week as well. So tonight we got together with my Aunt Nedra, her husband Al, and Johns brother and his wife for a little dinner at Winger's.

l row: Al, me, Suzanne, Gene (John's brother); r row: Aunt Nedra, Mom, John.
Had a great time and lot's of laughs and sarcasm, but that's how it is when two or more members of my family get together. As we were talking I began to question, was I really my mother's daughter?? She loves the cold, I HATE it! She loves jigsaw puzzles, I HATE THEM! The list of opposites could go on and on, but then when I watched her not only clean her plate, like I had done, and desperately try to get that last rice kernel on a fork and into her mouth, I realized it couldn't be disputed any longer. I was her true off spring. Look at the pure joy on her face over that last kernel of rice.....

Now, if I could just get her to share some of her Almond Roca.....

3 comments:

Martha H. said...

Look at you hangin' with the mom down in Saint Jorge. Impressive.

Vanessa said...

My favorite memory of that Wingers: A man and his two wives out on a date. Only in So. Utah.

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

um yeah the jigsaw puzzle loving skipped your gene pool and landed on me cause i LOVE them!!! They help me get out all my extra brain energy cuz i got a lot of it.....some call it anxiety....i call it extra brain energy that can be cured with a pill, a puzzle, lots of water, good nutrition, exercize, adequate sleep, sometimes sudoku, prayer, losing my self in service.....
LOL!!
back to commenting about your blog and not me.....LOVE IT!!! That dinner looks like it was a blast!!! Too bad I wasn't in St. George at the time too!! Then it would have been even better!!! hahahha!! love ya!!!