Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spiritual - and I mean it this week - Sunday


Now if you've been paying attention, you'll know that the last two Sunday's haven't been that great in my world. Sluffing, sleeping and generally self pity have been the theme's rather than any kind of uplifting sumpin sumpin.
Well, today has more than made up for it. WOW. WOW. WOW.
So, sacrament meeting today was the Christmas program. Now generally, I am on the stand belting it out with the choir, but not this year. See, I've been a bit of a choir slacker this past year. Splenda Daddy is gone all morning to meetings, and I have the chunch to chase after, so choir hasn't fit into that schedule. So, this afternoon, I got to just sit back and enjoy. Veddy nice, veddy nice.
Then I had the lesson in GD. Now, I have a little secret that can't be let out, let's just say, my turn is winding down. So knowing that and the lesson material is the ending of the B.O.M, you just can't go wrong. I'm not gonna lie, great lesson and the comments from my class, well, let's say, crying was a HUGE part of the experience. Nice note to end on. If I were ending. And, I'm not saying.

Then they combined RS and YW together in one program. The theme was Angel's in our Lives. Several sisters were asked to share an experience where an earthly angel made a difference in their life. AGAIN, the crying. I sat there and started listing all the angels in my life and was grateful I wasn't asked to share. 1.Would have never gotten the words out. There is no translator for "bawl" 2. Too many angels to share just one.

Then I got thinking, every single person I know could tell of an experience with a special angel and I would love to hear them.
Who has been or is your angel and why? Go ahead get sappy, it's still Sunday and the waterproof mascara is holding up just fine!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I would have to say my best girlfriend. She has always been there for me, and always will.

tammy said...

Yesterday was a nice spiritual one for me too. First off, I didn't get really really nervous playing for the choir's program like I usually do. Then I actually got to go to GD and RS. I think I've been absent or in primary for the last month or so. I've missed it.

So, if you were getting released, and I'm just saying, wonder what your new calling would be?

Anonymous said...

Hey Hon, really enjoyed reading your blog this morning (always a day late and a dollar short). I also have too many angels to name but know what you mean and how you feel. Without our "angels" I don't think we could get through this life alive!