Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday - Sweethearts

Today was the "Sweethearts" dance at my youngest's high school. It's girl's choice and he was lucky enough to be asked by a cutie patootie named Katie. Who also happens to be the daughter of a BFF.
Now understand, just the asking to these events is a whole she-bang in and of itself. See this post for those deets. So all that lead up to today, and I do mean today. Not this evening. Not tonight. TO-DAY.
See, nowadays, said dances/proms are all day events. Tuffy's started this morning with breakfast. The group of 15 couples, all gathered at some sucker's, I mean nice mom's, house and the girls cooked breakfast for the boys. Tuffy, being the aspiring chef that he is, was highly amused. He's no stranger to the kitchen and knows his way around quite nicely. He thought it was hilarious watching them try to cook pancakes, waffles, bacon and sausage. He came home laughing and telling us what a great time it was.
Then later today, he got himself all snazzied up.
.Full shot in front of the fireplace.With Jesus.With his brother and BFF over his shoulder.
Katie and another couple then picked him up. He gave her the corsage, she gave him a boutonniere, I snapped some pictures and off they went.
Notice Jesus, right there in between them. My own little prom/dance picture tradition.

The original plan of Olive Garden got ixnayed, due to the 3 hour wait. Instead, they headed for the Macaroni Grill. Tuffy said is dinner was FANTASTIC! Next up, the dance. His words: "Even though the DJ was wicked old and lame, it was still fun. Me and Katie even requested a song, but he didn't play it." He saw some other friends, did more pictures and they even danced (gasp). He said it was a great time! Then they had to head back to each person's house to change clothes. Which meant yet ANOTHER photo op at Katie's house. I guess they just need to come to terms that they really are rock stars! He flew in our place about 10:00, changed like a mad man, and took off again. They went to a place called Gym Cats which is basically a huge foam filled playground. He said it was an absolute RIOT!
He didn't make it home until about 1:15 this morning.You can see he is clearly exhausted. And yes, it was well past his regular curfew, however, I have learned to pick my battles and tonight wasn't going to be one of them.

In the end, a bunch of crazy kids, having a great time. Isn't that what high school is all about anyway?

Next up? Junior Prom...... and the ideas are already ticking.......

12 comments:

tiburon said...

OH MY GOSH!! They look sooooo cute together and Katie is DARLING!

She texted me a pic of her in her dress earlier in the day but I was dying to see them together!

Can't wait for Prom :)

Kristina P. said...

They both look so cute!

Vanessa said...

Soooo precious!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh to be young and able to have so much fun! I loved the pictures! They look so cute together!

Missy said...

Oh, How cute! I have one going to Sr. prom this year!

Natalie said...

Wow - when did he get to be so handsome? They make a cute couple! Their day sounded exactly like my neighbors Mindi and Lindsay's day...I wonder if they were all in the same group?

rychelle said...

They make a very handsome couple!

Pedaling said...

they look wonderful together.
i love her beautiful pink dress. such a fun color.
i need to get my daughters pictures from last night posted.

Martha H. said...

Go Tuffy!!! That Katie is a doll. Sounds like they had a good time.

Redhoodoos said...

My son went on his first date yesterday too at Alta's Sweetheart's dance. He actually goes to Jordan but was asked by a girl at Alta. He is very handsome and it looks like he had a great time!!

tammy said...

Wow, they actually danced at the dance? Cute couple. And I love how you always have Jesus in each of your pictures.

Elisa said...

They are adorable.


I'm am dreading this time with my oldest. I am SO not ready for dating. Ugh.