Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A strongly worded letter of complaint


Dear Grocery shopper for the family,
In the unsacking of groceries last night, I did NOT see any Milk Dud boxes. When you ask me what I would like from the store and I say "Milk Duds", I am not kidding.
Please correct and remedy this mistake as quickly as possible as it is Fat Tuesday and the one day I get to go a little wild. Otherwise, I will have to consider not allowing you to grocery shop alone. Ever.Again.

Sincerely,
Your chocolate and caramel craving wife.

(response - in a not-so-timely manner I might add)
Dear Mrs. Catmull,

I want to apologize for my inadvertent oversight. I was too distracted with the new tattoos and earrings people were wearing as well as the many different languages spoken around me. I will remedy this tonight. We really appreciate your feedback and will do our best to ensure this does not happen again.

Sorry,
Splenda Daddy


And this, my friends, is the EXACT reason I LOVE this man!
He understands that if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. If Papa ain't happy, ain't nobody cares.

17 comments:

Jen said...

That's hilarious! I got my Fat Tuesday food--Andes Mints. Yummmmm. I'll share, if you'd like!

Jan said...

That is pure classic fantastic. Love it.

Just SO said...

You have a good man there and you have trained him well.

Becca said...

I'm glad you've got your milk duds--live it up!

tammy said...

Gotta love a man that admits when he's made a mistake.

rychelle said...

yep. he's a keeper.

tiburon said...

OOOOO I heart him.

And I heart the Open letter as well. But you already knew that.

I can bring you Milk Duds if SD falls through. Cause that is how I roll.

Missy said...

Milk Duds are awesome!

dubb and dawni said...

ya gotta love a mna that makes Mama happy :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I was THAT close to not laying in my Fat Tuesday supplies! What if I had had to resort to my food storage?? (Fat Thursday Wheat, Fat Saturday Powdered Milk, Fat August-Mid October Dehydrated Carrots...)

Thank your exceptional husband for both neglecting your request and then remedying the situation. Otherwise, you would have felt no need to blog about it, and there I'd be, totally unprepared.

Martha H. said...

I love milk duds. All that caramel covered in chocolate. Who could ask for anything more? So glad that SD remedied the situation.

LaurieJ said...

That's a real man. My husband would have done the same..cause he knows what's good for him!

AS Amber said...

My husband woulda given me the finger along with his best "the last thing your a** needs is Milk Duds" look. And then I'd have nothing to yank all the fillings out of my teeth. Rude. Happy FT! Soooooo glad I found you!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

LOL!! So that's what fat tuesday is? where have i been? i need a fat tuesday too!

CountessLaurie said...

sooooo funny! my darling would have not responded as well as splenda daddy!

kado! said...

L♥L!!!

Natalie said...

LOL!!! What a good splenda daddy!