Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday


You know, the weeks are just flying by! That is a good thing, it means Elder L is closer to coming home.
I've had some very thought provoking experiences in the last day or two and have quite a list of things that I am thankful for:

My blogging friends. Each and every one of you who took the time to comment yesterday and give me advice. I realize I was truly ranting and venting and was afraid that I would lose some friends over my outburst, however, you were all very kind and offered up ideas on how to handle the situation. I spent many hours Wednesday thinking over the situation and all of the many thoughts and ideas you sent my way. Finally in the end, I realized I need do nothing. The situation really lies with said BFF. I need to learn that when I get my panties in a wad over my friends issues, then I need to sit with that wad and do nothing. Be still. Things work out. I love my friends and will give all the support in the world, but really in this case, I don't need to do or say anything. If the offender approaches me wanting dialogue, I can be truthful with her about her behavior, but I don't need to go seeking a fight. Before you know it, the panties are unwadded. Which is a good thing. Having your good-girls all in a bunch is just uncomfortable. I'll accept the fact that I am fiercely loyal, and learn to tame my emotions.

My BFF SIL Terri. We had lunch yesterday and I was reminded of all the reasons why I love her so much. We have so much history together and have the kind of relationship that I TRULY can tell her anything and I know that it will never be repeated. She knows the same with me. She also "gets" me. So when I confide things that would probably sound crazy to someone else, she can understand COMPLETELY. And if she by chance doesn't understand, she just loves me. She also keeps me grounded with gospel principles. As we share our struggles and frustrations, she can always tie gospel principles or scripture to them and though we often come away with no answers, we still feel better for just having "talked it out". She's had a rough past 6 years, and I hope that Heavenly Father will finally give her a break soon!

My new bike Patrick and the Shark and her Daisy who will train with me. Who knew that after just 9.5 miles, I could fall totally head over heels? And with all the events planned for this summer, the training needs to start happening NOW. It's so nice to have a BFF training partner! Aaaaannnnnnd one that makes me laugh hysterically while we are at it!

PT Camp and my trainer Purdy. Today is our last day for this round, but you can bet I'm going to be signing up for the next one. Ralynne is too great of a trainer to not tap her resources. She pushes me, knows what I struggle with, and is a dear friend. She is knowledgeable, smart and constantly learning new things to bring to our training sessions. Who can honestly say that they LOVE their trainer? Most people, it's a love/hate relationship, but for me and the Princess of Pain - it's a love/love.

My job and my boss. I used to list this every week, and yet I haven't for a while, but lately feeling extremely grateful for not only the job I have, but the company I work for and most importantly my boss and my BFF co-workers. Really, I'm a very lucky, blessed girl for this. In this economy right now, having a job alone is a blessing, but one that you LOVE? That is a pure heaven god-send.

Milk Dud's. 'nuff said.

What are you thankful for today?

16 comments:

kado! said...

You have a super cute blog!

p.s. Don't get your panties in a Wad...wear a Thong!!! LoL!

I'm really thankful that I am feeling a little better...not 100% yet..but this improvement is definitely better then how I felt yesterday!!!

Pedaling said...

excuse me..
but, where have i been for the last 4 posts?

i don't know.
but, here i am, now.

i am glad you got things worked out in the bff problem area.
and yes, what a blessing it is to have such a job, that you love so much.
yay for bike riding with a friend and working out and training and all that jazz!

Martha H. said...

I am grateful that I get to work with you. :)

Oh, and that I have no sisters.

Anonymous said...

Know what I like about this post? I like that every category ('cept the milk duds) really comes down to friends. Friends are so important, aren't they?

That's what I'm thankful for today. The fact that I'm starting to make friends in this new place. It always takes me a while.

That, and a chance every day to start over.

Just SO said...

Good list. I'm thankful for good kids.

tiburon said...

I am thankful for you. Seriously.

Co-dependency here we come!

Kristina P. said...

I have often wondered if you see more of the Shark than you see of each other's husbands?

tiburon said...

Kristina - I think we might.

I spend a SOLID 12 hours a week at the gym with Melissa. And that is assuming we do no extra-curriculars.

Not sure I spend that much with the hub while he is awake.

Mia said...

I am so glad that you got some good advice yesterday. I am not good with conflict, so I should go read said good advice. Friends truly are the best, it is great when you have one who really gets you.

Erin said...

These are all such great things to be thankful for! I love your list.

I'm grateful for cheesecake. And making myself look like a fool. And posting it on my blog.

rychelle said...

once again, i wish i lived closer to you. i need a biking buddy too!

Jen said...

Love your thankful list and I'm excited you are at peace to know what to do with your wadded panties ;). You're great!

Natalie said...

I LOVE that you take time on "Thankful Thursday" to post about what you are grateful for. Your stuff always makes me smile!

nikkicrumpet said...

It's a mighty fine list. I agree...not that I LOVE my job...but I'm sure thankful I have one. I'd be thankful for some exercise if someone else would do it for me. OH and McDonald's coke...boy howdy am I thankful for that!

Vanessa said...

You are still going to train w/the shark...even though her bike has a girly name??

mCat said...

Yes, Vanessa I will. If she wants to ride a girl - so be it. I don't judge. But for me, I like boys.
Just,saying.