Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday


It's Thursday already? WOW......
Things that I am thankful for today (and probably every day).......

1. Technology. I love my cell phone with texting, my internet, me email, the dubya.dubya.dubya, my DVR, my HDTV, all things wired and wireless. What in the world did we do without these cool things? Playing kick the can gets old after a while.

2. Tuffster. Seriously, the kid makes me smile and laugh EVERY SINGLE DAY. He is smart, witty, and such a GOOD kid. I love just hanging out with him with all our inside jokes and movie quotes. He's probably one of the coolest people I know. And his creativity always amazes me. Not to mention he has some serious MAD drumming skillz and has the art of mocking funny things down pat. He really is a delight and a blessing to have in my life.

3. My 1/2 gallon water jug. This bad boy set me back a buck fifty at the Wallyworld, and it has made my water intake calculations SO.MUCH.EASIER. Really. If you don't have one, you must go get one today. It's a small thing, but without it, I don't drink water. Plain and simple.

4. That NONE of my neighbors have a chimp as a pet. Just saying.

5. Clonazepam. My tiny, little pill that I take every night that GUARANTEES to shut the noise off in my head, help my little self relax, and sleep soundly.

6. Gym rat BFF's. I love starting the day off seeing Chadder's truck in the parking lot, harassing Tib on the machines, chatting up Lisa about my distaste for public transportation and whining to Purdy about how I just.can't.lift.that.much. It's the best way to start my day. Including the fact that I will probably talk to each of them at least once again throughout the day via text, email or FB. Life is best when surrounded by good friends!

I love making my weekly list, it's such a great exercise in gratitude!
Whatcha thankful for yourself today?

13 comments:

tiburon said...

Super fantastic list. Love me all these things - although I have never used the little pill.

I think I might like it.

And now I want a chimp.

Jan said...

Love it. Except for the monkey. What a wild story that was.

I wish I was in that gym with you guys. I would say you probably work off an extra 300 calories with laughter alone.

Erin said...

Do you really drink 1/2 gallon of water a day? I am impressed.

Great list!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

that's a great thankful list! :) i am thankful for my terrorizing crawling ten month old who reminds me of all the possible dangers of our world!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol!!!

Kristina P. said...

That's a lot of water! I try to drink the 64 oz, or whatever it is.

Jodi said...

Wow I wish I could drink that much! I know how good it is for our bodies!

Thanks for entering my contest! Come back and vote for your FAVE purple item! Some are insane!!!

rychelle said...

#4. ditto.

Martha H. said...

I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I 'd get anything done hanging out at the gym with all you girls! Seriously.

I think I might need to try your pill to shut off all the noises in my head! ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I 'd get anything done hanging out at the gym with all you girls! Seriously.

I think I might need to try your pill to shut off all the noises in my head! ;)

Pedaling said...

guess me and my monkey won't be moving into your neighborhood anytime soon. :0

Natalie said...

I guess I will be grateful for noisy neighbor dogs...at least they aren't chimps. That clonozpenize sounds like it could be a good friend.

Omgirl said...

Why did a water jug cost you $50??? Was it platinum plated?