Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today is unusual in that I am feeling extremely thankful for a few VERY specific things. No snarkiness from me this week, sorry if that disappoints but strangely enough, feeling a little serious and spiritual. Whoa!

I am SO thankful that Elder L has had the changes in his mission that he has. See his last update here. I worry a ton about him, cause I am a worrier, and I know that he doesn't even tell us everything. I am just glad to know that the necessary changes got made, that he is safe and more than anything, that he is happy. As a parent you know you're only as happy as your saddest child. And right now, I am feeling pretty happy since sad is not on the radar so much for my three right now .

I am SO thankful that I have the belief system that I do. In my church, we are divided into wards and our ward becomes family. My good friend - my ward sister - a gal I visit teach, lost her sister last week in a murder-suicide. As hard as it is to watch her go through this, there is something to be said about our ward family that just seems to come together for each other especially in times like this. Amazing.

I am SO thankful that divine guidance actually exists. One of my "boys", a bestie of L's, was the passenger in a small plane that emergency landed last night on the highway. After I got off the phone with him this morning, there is no doubt in my mind, or his, that his pilot did not land that plane alone. Interesting to talk with someone who sincerely believed he was going to die. The thoughts that were in his head and how he felt when he realized they were safe are beyond my imagination. I am thankful, Griff is still here!

Those are my thankfuls today, what are you feeling thankful for today?

8 comments:

Jan said...

Melissa. I had the warm fuzzies in here today. What a nice list.

Kristina P. said...

I too am thankful for the gospel and for eternal families.

And potatoes.

Jen said...

A great list! What a relief for you with your elder! How wonderful that you have a missionary serving and he's now a trainer! Wahoo! I have a friend who has a son serving in Chile right now. I'll have to find out what mission he is in. Also, our next door neighbor is from Chile and several years ago played professional soccer for his country.

Omgirl said...

I'm so glad you have a wonderful ward family. Mine follows more of the dysfunctional, estranged family type.

tammy said...

I heard about that plane on the news this morning. Plane issues are a little too close to home for my comfort. So glad they're okay. And how tragic about your friend's sister. Sad. So glad you're not worrying about your son at the moment. I am a worrier too. About everything.

Erin said...

What neat stories. I am so thankful for the gospel too.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I loved your list of things to be thankful for. What a great thing to know that there is a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us.

I'm so sorry about your friend's sister.

tiburon said...

I thought you only got deep once a week. This is a change.

On a serious note - I know this has been a rough week :(

I am here if you need anything :)