Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day - Triple Threat


August 22: prefill
When, in cases of extreme thirst, a person using a soft-drink fountain fills the beverage container, chugs it, and then fills it again before sitting down to eat.

Person 1: Hey man, why did it take you so long to get a soda?
Person 2: I was prefilling my cup; I've been thirsty all day.


**And for the love of all that's holy - DON'T bogart the soda fountain space!

August 23: I take my leave
A polite way of saying goodbye.

John: The coffee was great Mark, my compliments.
Mark: You are being too kind. Do you want some cookies?
John: I'm sorry, but I have a meeting in a few minutes, I take my leave.


**I guess manners are making a comeback?


August 25: manther
The male version of a cougar; an older man who preys on younger women.

"Mr. Smith is such a manther, did you see his new girlfriend? She's got to be less than a quarter of his age. Awesome."

"That Smith geezer was hitting on my granddaughter at the banquet. What a hideous manther."


**Michael Douglas anyone?

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thank you. I'm glad that someone understands my hatred for their stupid bogarting of the fountain machine space.

Scrappy Girl said...

I love "manther" so so funny!

LaurieJ said...

As the owners of a convenience store I would like to slap all prefillers. At least now I have an official, less profane name that I can call them!
Once again, slang word comes through!

kado! said...

So the Manther and the Gold-Digger find true love at last! ;)

.....I always feel bad about prefilling...unless it's all-you-can-drink....I don't approve!...OK...maybe just one sip!!!

veronica said...

These posts always make me chuckle!

I think "pre-fillers" automatically qualify as bogarters. Fill it up and move along people!

tiburon said...

I love me a good manther.