Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Missionary Update

(old pic)


Family,

Hey parents, how are you guys going!!! Things are going great here in the mission. It was great to hear from you guys and sounds like you guys had a blast in Utah Lake. That really does look fun haha being how its only rain here in Valdivia. I honestly in my entire life have never seen soo much rain! Oh, and do you guys remember the jacket that I brought here? Its blue and it is the one that dad bought a while back before I came here on the mish. Anyway, it is not doing to well. After like 10 min of being in the rain, it starts to soak though, so it looks like I am going to have to buy an umbrella. The problem is….I don’t have money cause I still haven’t recived the card yet. Of course, there still is a chance to see today if it came cause after we buy and do all of the stuff that we need to do here, we are going to check to see if the mail came. Again, if it comes, we will give you a call so that you know and you guys can activate it.
Did you guys rent the wave runners by the way? If so, how much do one of those things cost to rent for the day?? That would be really fun to do when I get back. I guess that would have been nice to use in your triathlon right mom??? Oh and just to let you guys know on a another update of the mission……I don’t know if you guys knew, but every time the gringos leave from Santiago to go home….they all stop by to go through the temple. I was always excited to be able to see it and go though, but my Chilean comp let me in on a little info. The templo is closed for new years for like 2 or 3 weeks….. So that means, when I leave the 31st that I wont be able to go through the temple :( It really kinda sucks, but what can you do?
Anyways, this week coming up is the week of transfers. We are going to stay together this next transfer with my comp here in the this sector…..WHICH MEANS…..that I am probably going to end my mission here in the sector!! No problem here I really do like it here.
Okay and the update on Karina. What happened was we were going to get her to have the baptismal interview when her mom got really mad and didn’t let her go and is not letting us come by anymore. We are still calling here every once and a while to see how she is but it looks like that we got a couple more familes that are progressing and going to church so I think that we are going to focus on them. There are about 8 people and if all goes well we should get at least 3 baptisms this next transfer. Well mom and dad that is about it. I love you guys and miss you. Thanks for the support and sending me all of the pics!! I love you guys!!!

Elder Catmull

**Bummer on the temple. What is this talk of the 31st??? We last heard the 30th. And dirtbag has not sent any new pictures...... : )

5 comments:

CB said...

I didn't know it rained that much in Chile.
Wow He is coming home soon - You must be so thrilled!

tammy said...

Um, yeah, it's supposed to be the 30th!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I bet you are so excited to get him home.

Devri said...

Can't wait to have you have him hom so you can squeeze him and never let go! What a great missionary you got there, be proud!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

so proud of him...that's all i can say!!! :)