Friday, August 7, 2009

Sissy and our Birthday Lagoon date!

Not the best self portrait, but hey.

After the movie, Sissy and I headed to Lagoon. It was Splenda's company party, and since the tickets were free, I figured why miss that just cause he is gone? We got there and immediatley headed for the kiddie section. And while the lines were long, she had a blast, and I loved watching her.

She rode the helicopters The boats the penguin the train (with it's wanna be zoo animals) the rockets with shooting guns the whales some other kind of twirling ride the swings (I admit, I got a little nauseous just watching)

We then headed to the reserved pavilion for dinner. Ask me how much fun it is to sit with hundreds of people that your husband works with and you know about 3 of them. Go ahead, ask...... but the food was free. And I am ALL about free. Sissy managed to get a bite or two in, but was more interested in playing with her stroller and finding new and exciting ways to get in and out of it.

I spent my 10 minutes there, said hi to the few people I knew and then we headed back out to the rides. On the way into the reserved area, we passed a new ride that had giant sharks as part of it. My girl is OBSESSED with sharks, so of course it was where we headed. We waited in line and as we got almost there, I realized that while she was big enough to ride, she needed a "responsible person" with her. CRAP! It was not only a spinning ride, but it sprayed water as you went around and around and around. Luckily, I had been chatting with the family behind me and their oldest son was going to ride alone. He very kindly agreed to let Sissy ride with him. I had to convince him that she not only DID NOT have cooties, but wouldn't touch him, talk to him, scream or cry....

After the wet shark ride, we headed to the kids version of the rocket. The Lady Bug Bop or for the boys the Dinosaur Drop.
I was trying to get more video, but my memory card was full. I had the camera rolling the entire ride, but obviously only got her trying to say the ride's name which was cute in and of itself. I spent the next several minutes deleting non-essential pictures to free up memory space......

By far her favorite ride was the kiddie coaster. Puff, the Dragon. She called it the green dinosaur. I can't even tell you how many times we rode that thing. It never got old. I have some great video, but I have been trying to load it for 3 days now, and no go. Whatev.....

And while I missed our "traditional" Lagoon day with Splenda, Sissy was a kick in the pants date!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Of course she's obsessed with sharks!! She's around one all the time with Tib.

And I just saw your I Beat Anorexia button. How funny, as I just uploaded that picture for my post tomorrow.

tiburon said...

Looks like you had a great day! I bet it would have been more fun if we were chasing my kids around too ;)

Next year...

Tee hee hee!

Becca said...

Will you be my Mimi too?

tammy said...

It has been way too long since I've been to Lagoon. Must remedy that.

Jan said...

How fun for you guys. I get so jealous of the pictures you share with her. I am so happy for you.

Omgirl said...

So what you're telling me is: a two year old could handle a ride that you couldn't? fearless, tough, made-of-steel Melissa??? I don't believe it.

Emily :) said...

I think the first picture of you is hot hot hot!!!
~Just Sayin...~ lol :)

AS Amber said...

So I was wondering...how much fun is it to sit with hundreds of people your husband works with and only know three of them?

You are the Best. Mimi. Ever.

Ever.