Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random ramblings....


I have had a headache almost non-stop since Saturday. Do you think I got some parasite from the lake that is attacking my brain? Prolly.

I have been fixated on the news for the past several weeks. In particular Glenn Beck. Let me clarify. I.AM.NOT.A.GLENN.BECK.WORSHIPPER! But this week he has had some very thought provoking questions that I would like answers to. And part of me is afraid of what the answers are going to be. Am I ready? Is my family ready for what lies ahead?

I am taking tomorrow off. Sissy needs a tender, and I'm just the Meemaw to do it! Gosh how I love that girl! It's almost a heart wrenching love if that makes any sense.

I'm kinda feeling out of sorts. I still don't think I have fully recovered from Saturday's tri. I'm back at the gym early mornings, and working hard, but I can't shake the fatigue. Normally, I'd be ready to go for a run, a ride or back to the gym in the evenings, and instead, I just want to come home and crawl in bed. Not like me. Not like me at all.

And to prove the point, I just hit enter and posted this post before I was ready too. I'm such a loser sometimes.

Do you ever stop thinking about your kids? Your grown kids who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. The ones that, really, their life is none of your business? Do you ever stop thinking? Worrying? I really didn't sign up for this. How do I turn off the "care" gene?

We are getting a new bishopric on Sunday. And yes, Splenda is more than safe. No phone calls here. And to be honest, I stay just inappropriate enough to keep him in the pews and off the stand. Not worried about it, but a huge leadership change always brings feelings of what will things be like?

My head STILL hurts. I'm gonna go eat ice-cream and find an old Lortab lying around.

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is an excellent point. Stay inappropriate, and no major callings!!

tiburon said...

If you find the fun pills can you send one my way?

I was just watching GB and I am ascared. Maybe pills will help.

LaurieJ said...

I use the same excuse for my husband when I am completely innappropriate! It's all for his sake :-)

Elder Maxwell once said 'Don't fear. Just live right.' There are some things that suck right now and will probably continue to suck and decline; some of it we can do something about and some of it is out of our hands. So focus on your family and the things you can control right now. Can't explain it all in a comment so I hope this makes a little sense :-)

Terri Ferran said...

Ice cream and drugs--livin' la vida loca! I would still vote for Splenda--will it count if I raise my hand in my own ward?

tammy said...

I don't think it's possible to turn off the care gene. My 92 year old grandpa still worries about my 64 yr old mom when she drives.

We just a got a new bishopric 2 Sundays ago. It's hard to see one you love leave. So are you trying to guess who the new one will be?

I keep wondering if we're ready too.

rychelle said...

they are splitting our ward again. i think this is about the 6th time since we've lived in this house. i''m kind of tired of all the changes.

Plain Jame said...

What the hell- glenn beck is instilling fear into the hearts of men these days? I couldn't handle anything when I was pregnant and I got to enjoy not watching too much news and stuff... it was a good thing to break up with doom'n'gloom...

I have some candy that is not to be combined with alcohol if you need it.
It makes me barf so I have plenty to spare.

So I hear ya on feeling out of sorts. I come and go in that general direction. Hope the long weekend rejoovenaters ya!

Pedaling said...

kids=tials

i do hope you feel better- get some rest - take the loratab and call me in the morning. :)

Omgirl said...

Ha! Makes me laugh about Splenda and the callings because the weeks before we knew we were going to get a new bishopric, Big DAddy was like, "Should I wear jeans to church for a few weeks? And smoke in the parking lot?" The funny thing is, he got made EQ Prez. maybe he should have smoked in the parking lot!

Sorry you're not feeling energized. (Welcome to my life 24/7. I wish I had the energy you have just one day a week!) I hope it gets back to normal soon.

Unknown said...

My husband's job prevents him from being called as bishop. So I've promised that the day he retires is the day I'll get a tattoo and start smoking.

(BTW, those calls often come on Saturday night or even Sunday morning. You're welcome.)

I'm sorry your head hurts. I think the ice cream and Lortab cure is totally FDA approved. In fact, I think I'll join you. No, I don't have a headache. We'll call it the ounce of prevention.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I am sorry you haven't been feeling well...
And as for staying safe in the B dept? My husband always thought that if he offended the RS presidency often enough and kept them mad at him, he would be safe. (Just silly stuff, really - obviously!)
Anyway, finally one Sunday one of the ladies looked at him and said "I know what you are doing, and it's not going to work!" Little did I know then how right she was!
So, you never are really safe, especially when They and especially HE knows what's in your (and his!) heart...
Take care, get some rest, and feel better, my friend!
:~D

Elisa said...

I broke up with the doom and gloom (read: news) about 9 months ago and I feel SO.MUCH.BETTER.

I only take a loratab once a week now.

CB said...

I have been wondering about the care gene myself - that is such a great description by the way.
You nailed it when you said that their life is none of our business, but is that true?? I mean they call and tell us their problems and ask for advice and then expect us not to worry or to mind our own business...Um I don't think so - ha ha.
Hope your head feels better soon!

Erin said...

Is the headache any better yet?

I love the idea of staying a tad inappropriate so your husband can sit with you during church. I will file that one into my brain...

Sue said...

I hear the best thing to do is tell someone in a high place that you want to be Bishop..that pretty much guarnatees you not being called.

There comes a point in your life when worrying just doesn't make any difference except frustrate your life. I have given, I mean given my worries to the Lord. I'm too tired to carry everyone. I pray for them, love them, do what I can. But worry...not so much any more. Remember I am a little bit older than you. It will come.

Jo said...

Yes, it makes total sense. I love my grandchildren more than mere words can express. So I get you. I hope your headache is MUCH better!

meemawfish said...

I know I don't usually leave comments but I have been trying to catch up on all your sight before I did. I don't think it's possible to turn off the care gene because both of my kids are grown and I still worry about them. I also have 4 grandchildren that I would die for so I know what you mean about Sissy. By the way I have a Sissy too and she's 8 years old. I love your blog and you sure seem like a beautiful and sweet person.

Meemaw