Sunday, March 29, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day


recessionitis

noun: the new disease. Much like chronic bronchitis that can take months, even years to go away.

The new excuse to not do anything. This is the act of excluding yourself from social activities because you simply just can't afford it.

Amber: Hey are you coming out with the girls tonight?

Amy: Ahh man I wish I could... but I have a really bad case of recessionitis


Can also be used as the excuse to exclude yourself from ANY activity, just cause you don't feel like it. ie: family reunions, RS functions, ward swim party etc.

4 comments:

tammy said...

I was really hoping you were going to say it included family and church functions. thanks.

tiburon said...

I have a serious case of rescessionitis.

I just got an antibiotic.

Omgirl said...

Resessionitis is way worse than bronchitis. It last a lot longer!

AS Amber said...

I'm pretty sure every effing table I had on Saturday night has ressi...how did you spell that? Anyway, they all had it. Jerks.