Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day



inbox rot

To neither accept, nor decline a friend request from someone on Facebook or Myspace. Used in situations when you don't want to accept someone's friend request, but you also don't want to be rude by declining them.

Dude, that jerk friend of my girlfriend just sent me a friend request on Facebook. He's getting the inbox rot.

Love this one!!
Could be applied to all those other requests that we get on FB......pillowfights, lil green patches, etc.

6 comments:

tiburon said...

I heart this one.

Although I must admit all the other requests just get a big fat ignore.

Pedaling said...

i hit decline and ignore all the time...so people know when i do that?
oh, dear.
guess i'll just have to let them inbox rot from now on.

Just SO said...

What a great new word!

Omgirl said...

I have several people from my ward on inbox rot right now. I love this new word!

Karen said...

Wow I've been doing this for months and never knew it. I'm pretty good with the "friend" requests becuase I have so few of them but all the kidnapping,pillow fighting and stuff is definately and inbox rot. I think I have 90 some odd of those. Thanks for putting a name to my behavior. Hee hee.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

LOL! I LOVE this word! I'm going to use it.
I'm doing some inbox rot right now! LOL!!!