Sunday, April 12, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day - Triple Threat


extheist

Someone who was raised with religion but later abandoned the practice.

"Are you an atheist?" "Nah, but I was raised a Catholic. I stopped practicing years ago. I guess you could call me an extheist."

~In Utah, see also Jack Mormon~

niteflix

Dreams so complex in plot and rich in production value that they seem like feature length films.

Wow! I had niteflix last night. The only thing missing were the end credits.
I wonder if Steven Spielberg has niteflix


~What does it mean when I dream in niteflix virtually EVERY night?~

Chaditude

An unusually, and rare optimistic attitude. Generally accompanied by positive comments, encouragement and an overall happy aura. Derived from a real person who spends his time perpetually smiling and living life in a pleasant, upbeat manner.

"Man, I really need to get me out of this phunk and full of some Chaditude!"

~Okay, so I came up with this one on my own, but really, it exists. I've mentioned a gym rat BFF before by the name of Chad, and seriously, he is a rare breed. No downers from his corner ever. I realized this last week, that when I start complaining about race conditions or expressing fear of failure, he without a doubt reminds me to just finish with a smile and all is well. I'm determined to have more Chaditude!~

4 comments:

kado! said...

love all three!
...so now I know what to call my self...I'm an extheist! I'm ok with that.

and a little Chaditude could help us all out...those kinda people are contagious!

...I wonder how much I'm paying monthly for my niteflix membership....hey at least there are no late fees! hehehe!

Omgirl said...

You know, it's true. Every guy I've ever known named Chad has been super happy and friendly!

Loralee and the gang... said...

My son's name is Chad! And he's been a joy all his life, so I think you've hit the nail on the head!
:~D

tammy said...

I love niteflixes!!

The Chaditude is cracking me up. My sister is engaged to a Chad. I'll have to ask her if it's true for him too.