Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day


July 9: GD2

This acronym stands for "Great Depression #2." It's shorthand for the seemingly imminent collapse of the global economic system starting in late 2008 and continuing into 2009. Some professional economists, as well as ordinary working people, are fearful that the spiralling financial meltdown will lead to a decade-long repeat of the 1930s, complete with bread lines, soup kitchens, radical uprisings and the possibility of global violence. "Happy times are here again!"

"The collapse of AIG is just one more sign that GD2 is here, my friends."

**Just a side note, if things ever get that dire (bread lines, soup kitchens), I want everyone to know, I am stocked up on toilet paper, tampons and pads. Will trade for food. I know someone will get desperate at some point..... : )**

1 comment:

tammy said...

And I have plenty of ammo and golfballs. Although I don't know that anyone would be wanting to golf, but you just never know...