Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Totally missed last week's Thursday thankful spiel, I wish I could remember why.
But this week, oh the joys of this week!

I am thankful for:

New and improved eye surgery. I'm pulling the trigger on Monday and am so excited I piddle when I think about it! I'm even gonna get the DVD so be watching for that next week! I will be Ugly Betty in her four eyed glasses no more!

For Splenda's patience. He's a saint really. If I were Catholic I would petition to have him canonized. He embodies the very definition of mate, partner, helpmeet, cheerleader, supporter, BFF, and is my biggest fan. I got lucky when I tricked him into marrying me!

For Tuffy's goodness. The kid is good. He played me all his newly downloaded songs to his iTouch and then not only will let me rip them from him, but then played my favorites in my iHome while I fell asleep last night. As I was whining about coming up with things to say in my talk on Sunday, he had encouraging suggestions. Freakin love the kid!

For the Shark's honesty. I am a straight up, tell it like it is girl, and I love when others are the same. I hate the pussyfootin around crap. I like when someone is the same that way. People know exactly where they stand with me, and I expect the same from them. I can count on the Shark for not only telling it like it is, but then backing me up when I need it.

For the YW I work with. They are the BEST! Seriously. No clique's in our ward. No "divisions" between age groups. They are a unit that loves and takes care of each other. They are good sports and will try things even when it's a little bit uncomfortable. They are just plain fun to be with.

For my Sissy. I hadn't planned on being a grandma so young and certainly not in the circumstances that it happened, but with her in my life, there is an unspeakable joy! Everything anyone ever told you about being a grandma is true. Every word of it. There is nothing better, and I can't imagine life without her now.

Okay, I'll wrap it up, otherwise, this could go on and on and on and on and then if you haven't already marked it as read, you would now.

What are you thankful for today?

16 comments:

Martha H. said...

I'm so excited for you and your lovely little eye surgery. Can't wait to see how it all goes.

Erin said...

What a nice thankful list!

I love it when people are honest with me too.

And I am very excited for your surgery. Please tell me if it is frightening, because I want to do it, but I'm a little bit terrified.

Jan said...

This is great to have a pioneer do the surgery and let us all know. As active as you are Melissa, this will be so great for your lifestyle. Can't wait for you...

rychelle said...

good luck with the eye surgery. my brother swears it's the best thing he ever did.

tammy said...

Love your list. I am thankful that you have all those things in your life.

I'm scared to do that surgery. I will be counting on you to talk me into it.

Becca said...

For the record, I thought your glasses were pretty fab. But surgery for sure will be more fab. Can't wait for the DVD, maybe it will inspire me. (There isn't buy one get one free option is there?)

Plain Jame said...

I hope you love your surgery. Everyone that I know thats gotten it has loved it so much. I love how much you love your sissy - makes me wish I had a grandma for my kids just like you.
How was the boob squish? I see you're not thankful for that.
finally - did you really post this post in the middle of the freakin night?....

Kristina P. said...

Good luck with the eye surgery! And thanks for great, honest friends!

Pedaling said...

that is a fantastic list.

yes say it like it is,
no pussyfooting,
but with a little tact.

kado! said...

I want the eye surgery next! Serioulsy...the last contacts I bought keep ripping after 2 days??? i'm basically throwing away $50! AGH!

...I'm thankful you have SO much to be thankful for!!

Natalie said...

Good luck with your eye surgery! I had it done when Derek was a baby...BEST thing I ever did!!! Reading your thankful list made me happy.

Anonymous said...

Thankful for you, love your honesty!

Ryan did that surgery and has loved it ever since, the video not.so.much.. It's a little too much it makes me super nautious!

tiburon said...

you said pussyfooting.

That made me giggle.

I can't even READ about your eye surgery. It gives me the shakes.

I am thankful for you - and how you push me - and make me laugh - and hang back with me - and smack me upside the head.

Shawn said...

I am soooooo jealous of your eye surgery---I DO wish that I could afford it someday.

But then I would have to decide---lypo or eye surgery? Hmmmm.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I am thankful for great bloggy friends like you! Best wishes on the eye surgery.
:~D

Sue said...

lucky you! I wish I could have the surgery. They said I could do it but would still need readers..uh!! what's the point of that?

I'm with you on the grandma thing..It's the best.