Wednesday, December 23, 2009

PS.... I Love You


The first Sunday in December our Young Women's counselor taught a beautiful Christmas lesson. Before she started the lesson however, she passed out gift tags and asked us to write our names on them and pass them back.

As she closed her lesson and stressed the importance of love and giving during this season, she explained the gift tag. As each one of us left, we would be given a tag with someone else's name on it.

During the month, before Christmas, we were to find a way to show love, service or a gift of some sort for that person, with an emphasis on NOT spending money. Girls were given tags of other girls and leaders were given tags of other leaders.

This morning there was a knock at the door and a young man handed my son a friendly neighbor gift and then mentioned that he had found something on the porch.

The something was this:

My name tag attached.
Inside were individual love notes from every girl and leader in our Young Women's group. To me.

I started reading them, and then started bawling. Tuffy was watching me and knew better than to start seriously mocking me. These notes were sincere, tender and unique in each of their messages. I was touched beyond words.

I suspect who my secret little santa leader was and if she happens to read this, I want her to know how much it meant to me. And to my Young Women and other leaders - you are simply the best and I love you, love you, love you.

Merry Christmas
xoxoxox
M-Cat

5 comments:

Pedaling said...

very nice.
i'd cry too.

Merry Christmas.

Scrappy Girl said...

That is absolutely AWESOME!

Hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas! I am looking forward to reading about the homecoming!

Chief said...

what a wonderful gift. whoever it was got the intent of the lesson 10-fold!

MErry Christmas!

tammy said...

Now you have me crying because I can't stand to let someone cry alone.

I'm positive you deserved every love note in that jar.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Thats so sweet...what a great way to pass along the Christmas Spirt and love.