Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day - Two-fer special



October 26: Dank

Also an expression requently used by stoners and hippies for something of high quality.

That burritos was dank, man.
or... Those burritos were the dankness


**I'm no stoner or hippie, but I think the word shall be added to my own vocabulary. Those ding dongs were the dankness. Yep, that was easy.**



October 28: Northwest Nap

A very deep sleep where you are unable to hear telephones, text messages, and even the Air Force.

Named to honor the two fine pilots from Northwest Airlines and their little "in flight snooze"

"Dude, I was so tired yesterday afternoon, I took a Northwest Nap. My girl called me 15 times and I didn't hear a thing"

**My nightly slumber could be considered a Northwest Nap. Sorry Amber**

3 comments:

Devri said...

I was in a northwest nap this morning when my alarm went off for 45 minutes before my husband came home and slapped my footT "get up already" lol

tammy said...

So glad it's called a Northwest nap and not a Southwest nap.

I always thought dank was a bad thing.

kado! said...

love the NW nap! Ha!

i know all about dank...you know I grew up in North-West Washington (on the Canadian border)...maybe i should not write that here.... ;)