Thursday, May 7, 2009

Slang Gang Word of the Day


May 5: Buffer Guest

A buffer guest is a close friend that you invite to a party ten or 15 minutes before the rest of the guests are scheduled to arrive. This guest or group of guests is meant to 1) make it seem like the party has already begun and good times are to be had and 2) make it less awkward in case someone you don't know particularly well arrives before everyone else.

I invited Jona over as a buffer guest in case Tim or Josh came over early, because I don't really have a lot in common with them

**oh yes, we ALL have buffer guests, now don't we?**

4 comments:

Jan said...

That is funny. You can use me as a buffer anytime.

tammy said...

Oh yes we do. Glad I have a name for them now.

kado! said...

I wondered what my title was....now I know!

...hey that is not so bad...at least I'm not Tim or Josh....=)

Shawn said...

Where DO you come up with these?

You are amazing!! heh, heh...