Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday's Wrandom Wrambling's

Ever wonder what this picture says?  I've tried to make it bigger but then it's just blurry but it says " You laugh at me for being different.  I laugh at you for being the same."  And now you now.

I think I've sworn off skittles for a little while.  The dog (who never sneaks food), got into a bag, ate a whole bunch and then barfed them up all over the stairs.  Red dye does NOT come out of carpeting.  Sucks.

Okay, prolly not.  I'll likely have more skittles by the end of the week.  They are so soothing you know.

The Utah Jazz are in the playoffs.  So exciting.  With 'dawg going off to be a Marine and all, Splenda thought it would be fun to all go to a playoff game as a family.  Just the 5 of us.  Well today, we find out that Tuffy has to work and can't get his schedule swapped.  'Dawg has a mandatory Marine activity.  Swell.  Two extra tickets.  Now what to do?

The Marine activity is an overnighter and spending 24 hours as if at bootcamp.  Sounds a little intimidating to me.  He is STOKED!  It will cover the basics of formation, PT and then.......wait for it.......COMBAT SKILLS.  He's like a puppy waiting for a car ride!  Wonder how he'll feel about MREs.

The kids climbed up on the roof yesterday to lay out and catch some sun rays.  Should I be concerned?  Kids.  Love 'em.

I heart summer.  We all know that, but I will admit, I do love a good thunderstorm.  As long as it doesn't stick around.  I liked the rumble, and the sound of rain pounding down, and the windows going dark.  For a few minutes.  Then my sun came back and I was happy.  Enjoyable today.

You know what's NOT enjoyable?  Being on call for work.  Feel so tied to the computer.  Although, the Shark did send me this picture today and I laughed so hard I snorted.

I am going to make copies and hand out in staff meeting on Monday.  I think my entire team will appreciate it.

I saw a report today on the news that tanning beds are addictive.  Yes. Yes they are.  I hope they didn't spend a bunch of taxpayers money on that research.  I could have told them.

My BFC and her husband are coming in from SC and we are having dinner Saturday and talking Marines.  I am so excited I could piddle.  I love them!  And they have such vast knowledge on all things political and military.  I can't wait to pick their brains.  And we have fun together so - yeah, pretty much gonna be an awesome night.

I never made it through all six books I checked out of the library for my trip to Mexico.  Okay, admittedly, I didn't even make it through one.  It's now overdue.  I just need to give up on it and take it back.  I've discovered that Colin Powell is not all that exciting or likeable for that matter.  I am disappointed.

Better hurry and try to disguise the red stains, the YW are headed here for movie night.  And I gotta get a quick tan session in first.





14 comments:

tiburon said...

Hey dinkus. Tap your helmet.

I already told you what you could do with ONE of those leftover tickets.

It is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

CB said...

Rainbow barf from the dog...No Thank You - Ick!

Have fun at the game!

"Tap Your Helmet" ha ha

Mrs. O said...

I think you should come up with a good cover story for the red stains - maybe throw up some crime scene tape.

Unknown said...

I love these meanders through that brain of yours. My oldest just did a weekend survival dealio through ROTC up at Utah State. It had me wigged out the entire time, but he loved it. What's up with these boys??

And I'm copying that warning pic and changing the words to fit my children. Or my students. Or 87% of my ward right now.

CountessLaurie said...

this whole post had me laughing...except of course the skttle puke.

i wanna tan... waaahhhh! bring on the sun, already!!

tammy said...

Thanks for reminding me I need to make a tanning appointment. I cannot have a white body when we go to Lake Powell in June. It wouldn't look good on the jet ski.

Go JAZZ!

Jo said...

That was an ADD entry if I have ever read one! I love summer too and the thunderstorm today was so amazing and beautiful. From my porch.
Thank you so much for your kind comments, you have been wonderful!

Amy said...

I also loved the thunderstorm this afternoon. I am not sure I could eat Skittles again after cleaning up rainbow dog vomit. My dog ate a box of colored pencils once. It was not pretty.

LaurieJ said...

We used to lay out on the trampoline with tin foil under our legs. I hope I have gotten smarter in my old(er) age!
Yay for YW movie nights!

Suzie said...

I love to be tan. I look alot hoter.
& being hot is addictive for sure.

barfed up skittles?
eck.

kado! said...

i may or may not have told my youngest I did not have any more Skittles...when I had a bowl of them hiding in my room. I was totally sneaking around eating them when he was not looking! ha! Sometime Mommy does not want to share!

I'd love to go to the game with you...too bad Utah is so freakin' far away.

Pedaling said...

those darn dogs....

Mae Rae said...

he he he..."tap your helmet?" She is the bomb. I love the randomness of all of these. Have a great weekend.

Omgirl said...

No skittles???? You poor thing! Dang that dog and his barfing.