I usually post earlier in the day, but I have been waiting for a particular piece of news so that I could add it to my list.
1. Brinley went in for testing today. She's been feeling miserable and the fear of relapse hung heavy. Earlier this evening I read the news that for now - preliminary results - show no relapse!! I'm sure her mommy and daddy can actually breathe again. Of course, need to get to the root of her pain but no relapse is FANTASTIC news. And I am so thankful for it.
2. Gym rat friends. We've become quite the Trifecta and I love it. I know I can count on these girls every damn morning. It gives me extra incentive to get up at the butt-crack of dawn.
3. The ability to run again. The last couple of weeks, I had a few people ask how my hip was and how I was feeling and I can't even describe what happens in my heart when I can say "I'm great! Back to normal!" Planning races or events to add to my calendar just makes me so happy. I am thankful for a strong body and good health.
4. My employer. I know right? Who is thankful for their boss? Me. I just got a 15 year recognition certificate and the chance to order a fun prize. Me and a coworker got them together since we worked for the same company when it was puchased by our now employer. I work with a fabulous team of people, I have flexible hours, and I seriously have the best boss in the world. Even when I screw up ROYALLY and want to throw up out of sheer stress because I blew it, she just calmly expresses her confidence that I'll get it taken care of. I heart her. (And no, she doesn't even read my blog - so back off on the kissing arse accusation)
5. I am thankful for the fact that it's almost May. Like in 2 days! That means in 31 more days it will be June. It's warm in June. It doesn't snow in June. And then 30 more days it's July. I love July. I love the holidays, the races and the fireworks. And then 31 more days after that it's August. My anniversary, my birthday, MY FAVORITE MONTH!
6. I am thankful that I have a great relationship with Sissy's mom. I know lot's of MIL's or MeeMaw's aren't so lucky. But really, she is open with us, shares Sissy on a regular basis and tries to be a really good mommy. I never have to worry if I will get to see our little angel or not!
I could go on and on today, but I've been reading about people's blog pet peeves and discovered that long posts are one of them. I need to stop being so wordy! : )
Whatchoo thankful for?