Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday - late edition

I usually post earlier in the day, but I have been waiting for a particular piece of news so that I could add it to my list.

1.  Brinley went in for testing today.  She's been feeling miserable and the fear of relapse hung heavy.  Earlier this evening I read the news that for now - preliminary results - show no relapse!!  I'm sure her mommy and daddy can actually breathe again.  Of course, need to get to the root of her pain but no relapse is FANTASTIC news.  And I am so thankful for it.

2.  Gym rat friends.  We've become quite the Trifecta and I love it.  I know I can count on these girls every damn morning.  It gives me extra incentive to get up at the butt-crack of dawn.

3.  The ability to run again.  The last couple of weeks, I had a few people ask how my hip was and how I was feeling and I can't even describe what happens in my heart when I can say "I'm great!  Back to normal!"  Planning races or events to add to my calendar just makes me so happy.  I am thankful for a strong body and good health.

4.  My employer.  I know right?  Who is thankful for their boss?  Me.  I just got a 15 year recognition certificate and the chance to order a fun prize.  Me and a coworker got them together since we worked for the same company when it was puchased by our now employer.  I work with a fabulous team of people, I have flexible hours, and I seriously have the best boss in the world.  Even when I screw up ROYALLY and want to throw up out of sheer stress because I blew it, she just calmly expresses her confidence that I'll get it taken care of.  I heart her.  (And no, she doesn't even read my blog - so back off on the kissing arse accusation)

5.  I am thankful for the fact that it's almost May.  Like in 2 days! That means in 31 more days it will be June.  It's warm in June.  It doesn't snow in June.  And then 30 more days it's July.  I love July. I love the holidays, the races and the fireworks.  And then 31 more days after that it's August.  My anniversary, my birthday, MY FAVORITE MONTH!

6.  I am thankful that I have a great relationship with Sissy's mom.  I know lot's of MIL's or MeeMaw's aren't so lucky.  But really, she is open with us, shares Sissy on a regular basis and tries to be a really good mommy.  I never have to worry if I will get to see our little angel or not!

I could go on and on today, but I've been reading about people's blog pet peeves and discovered that long posts are one of them.  I need to stop being so wordy!  : )

Whatchoo thankful for?

10 comments:

Mrs. O said...

That is great news about Brinley! And the running. And the boss. And everything!

Really it should be Thankimony Thursday. Love all those blessings.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ya, it's wonderful that you get to have some awesome news about Brinley.
I love that name.

Ya, about the job....isn't it nice to have one?

I need some awesome friends to get my lazy %$# out of bed in the mornings I don't have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn.

Glad you are feeling thankful.
It made me happy.

Jenny P. said...

Really?! Long blog posts bug people? Sheesh... it's a wonder I have any readers at all!

I love good health news. Yay for that.

Today I'm thankful for modern medicine. And sweet children. And little tiny newborn baby noises.

Mae Rae said...

i read about the pet peeves myself and thought, oh well that explains the 35 followers. I cant shut up sometimes. Verbal diarrhea is even worse.

I am thankful for all of your thankfuls, especially the running part because that is the time frame that i started reading you.

tammy said...

So happy for Brinley's family!

Yay for an awesome boss. That's the kind of boss I would like to think I'd be. Everyone would love me.

Thanks for following "the rules".

(but FYI - I read every word of your posts, no matter how wordy they are)

Jewls said...

Yay for running! I need to find someone to motivate me...or the weather just needs to cooperate so I don't have an excuse not to go! :)

CB said...

So glad to hear that all is well with you and you are up and running again. That is awesome - especially since you are my running hero and all that crap!

Your Trifecta is a dream - If we could all have that we might all actually go to the gym!! You are a lucky woman!

Also, good to have a good boss. Mine is making us all a little crazy right now so I could relate to this as and "I wish" thing right now!!

CountessLaurie said...

First off, congrats on 15 years!! That is great news! And I am glad that Brinley's news is good so far. I will keep praying for that sweet face!!

I am thankful that the blog police haven't found me. I am breaking all sorts of blogging peeves. I have to laugh though. If I have a peeve is basically what someone's blog is, why would I go back. Stop reading and move on to the next blog. There are a gazillion and one out there. Makes no sense. I can understand the email peeve or the word verification peeve, but the peeve about pets/kids/laundry... makes no sense to me...

Okay, stopping now. I am sure there is a rule about long comments.

tiburon said...

Soooo glad to hear that Brinley is a-okay!

I resent being called a rat.

And hooray for 15 years. Hopefully I won't get you fired...

kado! said...

i forgot how awesome May is for you too! That must be why I like you SOOOO much!

Birthday's in May...same here!

Anniversary's in May...same here too!

May ROCKS!