Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Slang Gang Word of the Day

April 19: Child Supervision

When an older person, especially a parent, needs a tech-savvy kid to help him/her with computers or other electronic devices.

"Jimmy, could you send your kid over to help me with my facebook? I'm afraid I might get a virus without some child supervision."


"Dad, if you dont know how many o's are in Google, why dont you just ask for some child supervision?"

**I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to work the DVR, add to my ipod, or use the DVD player downstairs**

8 comments:

i (is undefined) said...

Can you use your voicemail on your cell phone? Because if you can, you're better off than my mom. But then again, she's pretty pro at using the DVR. "Get off my TV! It's my TV so I'm going to watch what I want! Go in the other room!"

tammy said...

Call forwarding...
call waiting...
Xbox...
DVD player in my car...
The BBQ...

CB said...

Ha Ha
I'm with you!
My kids do it ALL for me ;D
Then they laugh at me...imagine.

Linda said...

I need some child supervision for the DVR also. I finally just wrote down word for word instructions from my daughter the last time she was home on break. If I ever lose those instructions, I'm sunk!

Scrappy Girl said...

That is hilarious! And sadly very true...lol

Mae Rae said...

okay, i am not laughing at you...okay, maybe I am. Only because I just learned how to download pictures off my camera.

Jo said...

I had my niece show me how to use my new cell phone and I took texting lessons from my daughter. I am not a digital native, but a woefully unprepared immigrant to the 21st century!

kado! said...

this made me LAUGH out LOUD! ha!

I need constant Child Supervision!