Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slang Gang Word of the Day - Hat Trick; Trifecta; Triple Threat......


 
April 13: Famine Underwear
The garments you wear during a shortage of underwear, when you haven't done laundry in several weeks or months. Usually characterized by lack of elasticity, holes (usually large and awkwardly located), stains, and typically are at least 5 - 10 years old. In some cases soccer shorts, underwear of unknown origin, thongs, bathing suit bottoms, or 'granny panties' can be considered famine underwear, but do not necessarily meet the above criteria.

I haven't done laundry in weeks, so I'm wearing my famine underwear, the boxers I made in home economics in middle school.

**Admit it.  EVERYONE has some of these!**


April 14: text-killer


Phrases and words such as "lol yeah" and "haha ok" that are guaranteed to kill any text conversation.

"r u coming 2 the prty 2nite?"


"no i cant cuz i hav 2 go 2 a family reunion"


"haha ok"


"way to use a text-killer... now wat do i say?"

**And now, you know how to end a text convo**

And,.....in honor of tax day:

April 15: It pays the taxes
The replacement saying for "It pays the bills" in reference to writing off a job as merely a means of income, and in no way an enjoyable or lucrative way of making a living.

Due to the increase in taxes "It pays the taxes" takes the place of "It pays the bills" while it takes a second job or additional income to actually pay the bills.
"How's your new job going?"
"It's going ... it pays the taxes. I'm looking for a part-time job now to pay the bills"

**So sad that it's so true.**

8 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

My famine undies are a pair that ride low and every time I move they roll down in front! They are like new, but come in handy about once or twice a year....lol.

Sue said...

oh yeh! famine undies. Had to sport a pair recently..
The hub said "What the heck are those"?

I know, rude huh?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Underwear famine??????????? I think you should post your address so that you can receive undies from all over the country........so you won't be in your famine anymore.

Granny panties???? Really?
I want photographic evidence of that!

Mae Rae said...

because the job pays the taxes, I wear my famine underwear more than I would like to admit, but if I tell anyone it usually is a text killer.

Hope your day is going well.

tammy said...

Good one Mae Rae.

Sad but true on the taxes. Not even worth going to work extra for.

kado! said...

all good ones!

Chief said...

and I will use the triple threat every day with my 9 year old

tiburon said...

famine underwear might be my new favorite word.