Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Slang Gang word of the day


February 3: Vaguebooking

An intentionally vague Facebook status update, that prompts friends to ask what's going on, or is possibly a cry for help.

Mary is: "wondering if it is all worth it"


Mark is: "thinking that was a bad idea"

Example:

"Have you talked to Mark? He's vaguebooking again. I wonder if he's back with Mary..."

Opposite:

Tammy is: "in line at the grocery store"

**We all know at least ONE Vaguebooker and we hate it don't we?**

10 comments:

CountessLaurie said...

What? It doesn't make me appear witty and mysterious? Dangit!!!

Vanessa said...

Tammy...she mentioned you. Cut it out.

Mae Rae said...

giggle, that's all.

tammy said...

I'm just wondering how you knew I was at the grocery store??


My sister is the queen of Vaguebooking.

Plain Jame said...

I'm so tired of facebook but I just cant seem to quit. My peeve of facebook is when you say hello to someone and they never respond back. How cold is that!!??

Ice cold, baby.

Wonder Woman said...

I seriously JUST read one. "My heart is broken, but I can't step down. How do you go back to someone who could have killed you? I'll miss you, Mom. I hope you wake up some day."

It's only 50% vague, but 100% disturbing.

Merri Ann said...

I'm missing the boat here ... Facebook, Twitter ... I can't even be bothered to do texting right ... you wouldn't believe how much that bugs my family and friends. hmmmm ... maybe that's why I do it :)

I need me dat dictionary ...

tiburon said...

Oh I want to punch my Vaguebooker in the face.

For reals.

Too bad they are related to me...

Omgirl said...

I hate facebook altogether, I think. I just can't force myself to care about it. Am I a crochety old woman???

Just SO said...

I try really hard not to do this because it find it so annoying.