Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Election - post of note

I'm far too emotional to formulate any sense of coherency with words.  Laugh at me if you must, but I was very personally and emotionally invested in this election.  More than any other election in my lifetime.  Well, maybe in the late 70's when my Dad had us all working the campaign for Ted (someone - I forget his last name) running for some office{district attorney?} in SLC.  But I digress.


Since I can't really put the words together I've been surfing around and reading the words of others.  I follow both right and left leaning sources of information, so I've feel like I've gotten quite a well rounded feel for what's out there right now, less than 24 hours since the polls closed.  While many have offered words of comfort, or exultation (depending who they wanted to win), I found most responses to be simply an extension of one's emotions.  I have enough of my own without adding to it.

And then there in my Google reader was one of my favorite retired Marine's who blogs regularly, leans the same way I tend to and is able to remove his emotion from his post. Something I needed.

Click here

Enjoy the read and if you must leave a comment, be respectful and at least thank the man for his service.
Most importantly, take something away from it.   Something that inspires you to be and DO better for yourself and your fellow man.  His dire predictions may be on track, and we may find ourselves as a country in that "place" but as individuals, we don't have to be.


Semper Fi and God Bless America!

**comments off**