Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kiss Me Dirty - 2011

Wonder how many google hits THAT title is gonna bring?

So Saturday was the big mud run at Wheeler Farm.  It seems like over the past two years or so, the mud runs are busting out everywhere!  The new BIG thing to do.

Last year my Diva's did the Dirty Dash at Soldier Hollow and we plan on that one again later this year, but in the meantime, a smaller version was offered at Wheeler Farm.  With the wet spring, we were guaranteed a lot of water and mud!

Our wave didn't start until 9:38 so I it was nice to just sleep in a little bit.  I wore my yuckiest black running clothes so that if the didn't wash out, I wouldn't feel bad about tossing them in the garbage.  Same thing with the old shoes.

We met and carpooled over, had some time for a couple of packet pick ups, a kiss me dirty tattoo and some general hanging around.
Of course we needed some pictures while we were still clean : )
The Diva's minus 1
Lisa, Me, Ree and Tib

My two moms


The whole group
back row - Kelly, Pam, Stacy,Tib, Cynthia, Stephanie, Jennifer
front row - Ree, Me, Lisa and Kim

Kelly, Lisa, Me, Ree and Tib

Lisa, Me, Ree, Tib


Kelly, Lisa, Me, Ree, Tib and Jennifer

The whole group again!

And then, it was time to get DIRTY!!

A rope obstacle

Climbing underneath through the mud

Oh the mud began flinging!

Trying to get our footing and down slip down

Another obstacle.  For some reason, I felt compelled to bend over (pardon my large behind), grab a handleful of mud and smear it all over the cameraman's neck.

Coming in toward the finish

Getting close

And when it was all said and done - we were pretty dang yucky!  I had a couple of hand prints splattered on my butt - mud stuck to my back and later that day I was I was still finding mud where mud don't belong!
Me, Ree, Kelly, Lisa, TIb

The whole gang

My girls

Thanks to my Diva's and all the other fun friends who joined us!  Good time rolling around in the mud! 

Can't wait for the Dirty Dash in September!

11 comments:

Suzie said...

Hells yeah I love me a dirty girl!
way to go....

Teachinfourth said...

You go, girl!

Pedaling said...

I'd like to try one of those dirty runs one of these days.

gigi said...

When you wash away the dirt you can wash away the worry! Good times and great pictures!

" Hit It......." said...

You don't look very dirty! I want to do the next Dirty Dash with you guys.

Connie said...

Looks like a blast! That cameraman didn't know what he got himself in to!

just call me jo said...

Looks so fun in the pictures. Too bad I don't like to get dirty. You ladies are the bomb.

tammy said...

Ick! It's dirty!

CB said...

THat truly just looks like an awesome party!!!

You girls are HOT!!! Fun stuff!!

DesertHen said...

Looks like a blast! Hey and muds good for the skin...right?! *wink

A Musing Mother said...

My sisters are doing the Dirty Dash and wanted to know if I wanted to do it, too. Only if there's a two or three mile one. I'm soooooooo wimpy. But I don't mind getting muddy!