Friday, October 29, 2010

De-Tox Bath - because you asked, and I'm a giver

*comments off*


A few of the few readers I have asked for the detox bath recipe.  I got it courtesy of the Evil Genius who got it.....I don't know where and she's not at work today to ask.

1 lb of Epsom salt
1 box of baking soda
some healthy sprinkles of sea salt
the juice of half an orange.

I put all in the tub while the water was running.  You want the water as hot as you can possibly stand it.  You soak for at least 20 minutes, although Evil Genius recommends 40 and that is what I did last night.  I just kept adding hot water to keep it nice and toasty.  In fact, my bathroom got so steamy you could see it rising in the air.  You should be sweating like a sinner in church!*
 I laid down as far as I could so the water could cover as much of me as possible.  I suppose if you are going to soak in a great big garden tub, you might want to double the recipe.

Once you get out, wrap up in towels and blankets, thus increasing the sweating process.  I serio had my own sweat lodge going on last night.  Poor Splenda almost had to feed me forkfulls of my dinner I was so afraid of breaking a hole in the lodge.  Evil Genius says you should stay in your sweat lodge for as long as you can take it.  She manages 45 minutes - I made it 30.

Now of course, the weight loss you may notice is of course water.  You were sweating like a pig remember?  But the idea is the concoction is supposed to pull toxins from you through your sweat.

Evil Genius lost over a pound her first time.  I gained .6** so as a weight loss tool, I am not convinced yet.  But I think that the idea of sweating toxins out is a good one and I am up for doing this twice a week.  We'll see in the long run what it does for weight loss/maintenance.

* - make sure to keep some cold ice water on hand so as you sweat you don't dehydrate
**- I'm sure it had nothing to do with the milkduds and skittles I ate after dinner.

I realized I turned comments off - if you have more questions Formspring me--------->