Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Jillian......never forgotten, always honored and forever grateful for the Savior

The reality is....Christmas is different now.  It all changed two years ago and no matter how much time passes, it will never be the same.


I pray for peace for her parents and siblings.  I pray for understanding for her daughter (when she needs it), I pray for all her many friends and other family that get that sudden ache unexpectedly, but mostly I pray in gratitude for the knowledge of the plan of happiness and that our deceased are never gone forever.

One might think Christmas would be ruined forever.  I think not.  It does bring to surface tender feelings and bitter tears, but it also gives deeper meaning to the entire season.  Celebrating the birth of the Savior also entails celebrating His life, His sacrifice, His atonement and His gift of eternal life.   So with sadness, comes peace and ultimately happiness.  We choose not to be sad or distraught, but instead we choose to see the beauty in the divine plan from our Father in Heaven.

I thank God for the faith and testimony that I have and for that of my children's.  I thank God for His Son and His willingness to make all things better.

Merry Christmas




7 comments:

wendy said...

LOVE !!!!!

gigi said...

Thank you for sharing tis and your feelings. Merry Christmas and May continued peace be with you and your family this coming new year! (hugs)

Unknown said...

Love. I always think of Jill at Christmas.

Unknown said...

Sorry this is Karie....my daughter has invaded my computer.

tammy said...

Beautifully said.

Pedaling said...

Peace and Blessings through the Gospel.

{Mo} said...

I can't begin to say I know just how you feel, but I do understand that Christmas will never be the same for you. Since my grandma passed away on Christmas day seven years ago, Christmas just hasn't been the same. There are always some tears both happy and sad. We try to remember the good times and her love For Christmas, but it's always bittersweet.