Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 - A new outlook and some new blog features

2011 was a little like this ^
Most def a  year I would like to never repeat that's for darn sure.

2012 has started off a little rocky as well, but today, I have decided bullshi**  on that.
I've had enough.  This is going to be the year of F.U.N!

First off, I have to do some housecleaning.  My google reader is OUT OF CONTROL!  I have been so sucked into some life events that the reader has been neglected.  There is no way in hell I will be able to catch up, so I am doing the unthinkable and clicking mark as read and starting fresh.  I promise my bloggy friends that you will have my undivided attention.  I will be better at staying in touch with my virtual besties and enjoying the friendships that have come into my life from this wonderful thing called the internets.  Isn't it funny that some of your very best besties - you met on-line or even haven't actually met?  Love that whole thing about blogging.

Second of all, I gotta get my funny back.  Serio - it's been lurking in the back of my self, but when it starts to creep out, some other life situation forces it back to the dark side.  Piss on that!  It's coming out.  Look forward to more whimsical posts.  More irreverence.  And I'm happy to announce, ................drum roll please................some vlogging.  Yeah you read that right - some VLOGGING!

You see, I am such a fantastic whiz in the kitchen and that damn Pioneer Woman is getting so much attention that I thought "Hey!  I have my own unique flair for handling things in that room that has a stove, a fridge and a microwave thingie, I could display some of my finer talents"

The plan is for a weekly segment, but since Splenda Daddy will be the cameraman, his schedule might interfere.  Stayed tuned.  I've got some nice recipes and ideas up my sleeve that you are SO going to want to add to your own repertoire.

Updates on my spawn will continue.  They are all leading very busy lives, so it might be hit and miss there.
Still gonna have the wramblings since it seems to clear my head
And every once in a while I'll throw something political in here. You know, it is the season of course.
And let's not forget that once in awhile I seem to get a Spiritual side that I bring out with thoughts and ideas about religion.  Those will still keep coming.

So my friends and stalkers - prepare for the year of happiness!
mCat's gonna give her best shot.

Instead of the picture above, I hope to more like this:

Nothing but laughing baby, nothing but laughing!

Peace out
xoxox
mCat

16 comments:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Man, now I feel like a lazy tub of goo. Where did all that energy come from?

I shall continue reading and shall break out some envy now and again.

Good luck!

Connie said...

She's baack! Hope this year either treats you right or makes you strong and in charge! Can't wait to see you in the kitchen !

Chief said...

oooo... a vlog... this oughta be good.

*grabs popcorn and brown bubbly*

Mrs. O said...

It's no coincidence that you have this amount of pep and zest during our sunniest (snowless) winter. Now if only it could be 60 every day this month.

gigi said...

I'll hop on your band wagon!! Wishing you much JOY and HAPPINESS!

Sue said...

A new year..a new you!!
Looking forward to the cooking segment. Sounds f.u.n.

Mae Rae said...

Yummy, kitchen ideas from the M-Cat? I can't wait. It is understood, at least by this crazy life person, that you get behind on blogger. Mine is so out of control if it doesn't hit me in the head i forget it is even there.

Happy new year to F.U.N.!

" Hit It......." said...

I like your attitude. I can't wait to see the cooking posts:).

Don't worry about your bloggy buddies; I am glad you cleared the reader and moved on. Look forward and not back while enjoying each day.

xoxo

Just SO said...

Looking forward to the vlogs! I need all the help I can get in the kitchen.

Jewls said...

Sounds like a good plan!! :)

Ann Marie said...

Yay for happy posts!

I never can go back and re-read.
I read when I have time.. and I had to make that a rule.. or it would comsume my time.

I hope we all have a get toegther thins year. Are you meeting up in March? I hope so! I'm not planning on attending the conference.. but I am in for anything else...

Pedaling said...

I appreciate a good sense of humor.

And I admire a good funny person...I want to be funny too!
You are funny to me....now I will look forward to sitting back while you make me laugh!

vlogging and some kitchen tips....whoa, SLOW DOWN!

Amy said...

You are ambitious. I look forward to hearing more from you. I love your sense of humor.

tammy said...

You marked me as read??!?

I've been hitting that button a lot lately as well.

I will be happy to see the old you back. I want you happy. And vlogging in the kitchen? Cannot wait for that!

Natalie said...

Can't wait for the cooking segments. You will make cooking look fun then maybe i will do it! I am so sorry your life has been crappy. You deserve good things to come your way since you bring so much good into everybody else's lives! Sending lots of love your way from the other side of west jordan.

LKP said...

2012 sounds promising from your camp. i'm eager to see all the exciting & comical things going on with ya. can't wait until march to see you! you have NO IDEA! man 2011 couldn't get over fast enough for my taste, thank you very much. thinking i need a countdown ticker in every room of my house so i can celebrate each moment closer to our little bear lake reunion-of-sorts!!!
::hugs::