Monday, August 13, 2012

Wrandom Wrambling for a Monday - kind of a downer, proceed at your own risk

I usually save the random crap for Wednesday's but today is just one of those days.

I had a great birthday and got some cool stuff and have pictures to post.   
Sometime later.

I ran the Epic relay with some FUN friends and have lots to say and pictures and videos to post.  Sometime later.

The world lost a brilliant human being Saturday and my heart hurts terribly.  I will likely share my feelings about him in a completely separate blog post.   
Sometime later.

For now, I will just say I love you Jason.  Wish we would have had that BBQ we were working on.   Should have told him I loved him more often.  Interestingly, I say those words a lot.  To my family and friends.  On a regular basis.  And yet, I still feel like I should say it more.  Show it more.

I hate regrets.  I need to remove the words "sometime later" from my vocabulary.  How many wake up calls do I need?

My stomach is in bad shape today.  In fact, all weekend it was a challenge.  I faced the reality that I need to stop running for a little while.

That reality makes me cry.  

Prolly more than the stomach pain.

At least sometimes more.

Going back to the GI doc next week.  "feeding tube" was part of her nurse's words to me.  That freaks me out.  

More than a little bit.    I am going to make sure that doesn't happen.

On a bright note though, me and Splenda Daddy have our flights booked for some SoCal kid time.  There is a half marathon on base the weekend that we are going.  

I'm not going to run it.  Typing those words suck.  

BUT - I do get to cheer on my son and DILove!  Typing those words makes me smile!

Are you watching Breaking Bad?  In the words of my friend Rob  "HOLY SMOKES!"  
Seriously, it's taking a dark turn, but the writing is oh so good.

Love me the Jesse Pinkman, yo.

Now, off to catch up on some New Jersey housewives. Oh how I love their bitchiness!

Peace out.

I love you

xoxo
mCat











8 comments:

namaste said...

i'm sorry you're not feeling well. i hope your health improves soon. on a lighter note...

"breaking bad" is the shizznik! woot! :)

tammy said...

I haven't seen Breaking Bad but your talking about it makes me want to.

Sorry about your stomach. That really sucks. A lot. I hope it bets better.

I am so sad about Jason. It was such a shock and he's left a bigger hole than I would've imagined. My heart hurts. I thought of him a couple of times last week and I'm feeling sick I didn't let him know it then. Makes me want to text/call/email everyone whenever they pop into my thoughts from now on. Oh how I wish his life had a different ending.

So happy that you get to go to SoCal soon. Sorry that you're not running it. I've decided to give up running so you won't be alone ;)

Love ya - mean it.

wendy said...

Melissa......HOW DID I MISS YOUR BIRTHDAY. That makes me feel awful. I don't want to miss important dates and occasions like that with the people I care about.
So Sorry.
I would have bought you that Ferrari I was eyeing (tee,hee)
love ya !!

I am still very saddened and bothered about the loss of Jason. It came as quite a shock. I hope to find out just what happened to this brilliant young man. He shared some wonderful things with me about "loss,....when I was posting about loosing my son Matt"

Sorry about your illness. It must be terribly frustrating for you, who love to be ACTIVE and busy. You are so full of energy....would take a freight train to slow you down, OR this stupid illness.

Breaking Bad !!!!!!!!! Holy freaking wow, it is blowing my mind. When I was watching it last night (the train episode) my heart was beating so fast. I had to get up and kind of walk around in front of the tv to calm myself.
Then....then End. ????
My husband and I just looked at each other with that What the Crap just happened look on our faces.
Crazy stuff.

I still need to get my tv network choices fixed up so I can get Bravo...to see Housewives of New Jersey. Serio...Theresa is a nut job, and I love her at the same time.

anyway sweety...I'll work on that Ferrari for next year ok.
Hugs and more love

Connie said...

Knowing that you're going to So Cal makes me happy! The other stuff doesn't. However, I do know that if I wanted to share something confidential with you, I could trust you with that. That makes for a good friend!

My son showed me the last episode of last season's Breaking Bad. I don't think my heart can take it! Wow!

No feeding tube for you. Be a good girl and eat!!

Take care! Love ya!

Kelly said...

Take good care of yourself. Life is good. My brain is still reeling about Jason. What happened?! He was awesome. So are you.

karen said...

I hope you start feeling better soon - that just truly sucks. But going to California will be a good thing and will take your mind off of things. Who can be depressed when you have a cute little girl to love?
So, so sorry about your friend as well. No regrets though. He wouldn't want that. Moving forward, just be sure to grab every opportunity that comes your way to do good and love your friends and family.
Take care, and most of all give your body the rest it needs. And enjoy coming to my neck of the woods (where it's now really REALLY hot!)

Pedaling said...

Sounds like I need to start watching Breaking Bad.

We never really know what is going on with in the hearts of some people. Some are so broken, and we have no idea.
So sad about Jason.

Take care of yourself...no feeding tube.

Have a fun time in Cali.

Valerie said...

Boo about the stomach issues~ Hope you can get it resolved & start feeling better...

Yay about SoCal!!!

So, so sorry to hear about Jason. I didn't know him personally, but I love his blog. I am stunned and saddened at the loss of such a great guy.