Sunday, December 10, 2017

Trip of a Life Time - Chapter 20 - Holy Land - Final thoughts

Day 18/19

This was it.  We were headed home.  After our lovely dinner we went back to our room packed up and then met at the bus at 9pm.  We went to the Amman airport and boarded a plane to the Charles de Gaulle airport in in Paris.
saying good bye to our dearest friends from the trip.  Kerry and Tamera.  Seriously, they made this trip that much more special by being them and for being our friends.  Kerry is the most kind hearted, generous and loving human being I've ever met on the planet.  His good cheer and fun sense of humor had us laughing all the time.  Tamera has a heart of gold and is so kind to everyone she meets.  I truly treasure their friendship

We had about a 4 hour layover there so I shopped a little bit, got something to eat and then read.  Thankfully, I had in my carry on backpack, the converter, adapters and chargers.  Splenda had gotten me a fantastic one that had many outlets for people to charge their cell phone.  I was the most popular kid on the block!

We arrived in the morning and then transferred planes and back to Salt Lake.  Back to reality.  Back to dealing with real life but with a now new understanding of life and humankind in general.
Splenda Daddy picked us up, we took mom home and then home to ours.

First thing I did was take a shower and wash the travel and airports off of me.  I had asked for all the kids to come for Sunday dinner so I could see them, hug them, and give them their treasures.  As exhausted as I was, I was also full of adrenaline and wanting to talk all about every minute of the trip.

Now, here it is weeks later and I'm still living the trip.  Several times a day, my thoughts go back to something we experienced.  To say it was life changing would be a gross understatement.  It's changed my life, my heart, my mind, my spirit.  It's changed my outlook on humanity, and my own self esteem.  It's changed my relationship with God, Jesus Christ and their roles in my life.  There isn't one thing about me that it didn't influence for the better.  And I will be forever grateful for the opportunity that I was given to experience it all.

I learned about the power of women in influencing the world for good. (Deborah and Barak)
I learned that callings or "progress" does not reflect testimony, or righteousness of an individual. (Jonathan)
I learned that when you break covenants with God, you lose strength and protection. (Samson)
I learned that choosing the better part is always the right thing (Martha and Mary)
I learned that the widow's mite donation is enough.  Giving all, even if it's not much, is enough.
I learned that my Jewish, Christian and Muslim brothers and sisters are exactly that.  Brothers and sisters and that we should be devout in our respective religions.  Be the very best that we can according to our belief's.
I learned how my own chosen religion (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) fits into the grand scheme of ancient religion and the Lord's gospel being restored on the earth.
I learned that if I am quiet and prayerful, I can feel the Lord's presence and hear what He has to say to me.  Individually.  Me.

I could go on and on, but here's the thing.  Not every one has to visit the Holy Land to gain such a strong testimony.  It's available to everyone, everywhere - it's a matter of seeking and working for it.  I, like others try to do that on an ongoing basis.  That being said, I certainly can witness that Heavenly Father knows us so much better than we know ourselves.  He knows of our internal struggles and questions.  He knows how to best bring us closer to Him in the most effective way as individuals.  Those of you who have children know how different each of your children are.  You know that one parenting way or trick does not fit all.  You do different tactics based on each unique child.   God is the same.  He created us, He knows how we best learn and what we will each need in our lives.  He knew I needed to strengthen my testimony.  He knew I had questions, He knew my doubts.  And in His infinite wisdom, He provided a way for me to come to know Him, in the way that He knew I needed.  I also love that He provided that opportunity to come with my Mom.  He knows why.  He knows what is best for us.  Amid all the things that strengthened me, the knowledge that HE provided this for me, is the greatest gift I could have ever received.

As things are now changing in Israel, it's more important than ever before to pray for peace in that region.  For not just our Jewish brothers and sisters, but the Christians that live there and the Muslims that are get caught in the crossfire.  It's a Holy Land to all of us for different reasons.  Let's pray for peace as we share in the rich history and sacred sites that are important to all of us.

Lastly, I think of my old mormon folk every day. I miss them.  I wonder how they are doing, how their families are, what adventure they are up to next.  We have an email thread that we keep in contact with, but it's not the same as getting on the bus every morning and sharing such wonderful adventures together.
I will love these people forever

I don't know that it will ever be safe for another pilgrimage to the Holy Land, so even more, I am holding these things/people/places in my heart and soul forever.

Shalom
Salaam
Peace be with you and your's forever.

xoxo
mCat


2 comments:

DUTA said...

Beautifully written! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such a blessing to be able to read it. I can't imagine being able to live it. Wow.
Thank you for sharing it in the detail you did.
It is a testimony builder for sure.

Love you dear friend.