Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday's Wrandom Wrambling

It's been a while since I've verbally vomited, perhaps it's time to purge.

First of all, holy smokes, the big ride is here!  I will be on a plane early tomorrow morning bound for Tuscon, Arizona and my first ever JDRF ride.  I am humbled and blessed to be given the opportunity to ride with Ethan and Tiburon for a cause that is so very personal to my bestie.

I couldn't have gotten there without the help of some very kind and very generous friends.  I believe I have personally replied to all donors via email and I've given a public shout out on fb to those that I could, but there were several who wished to remain anonymous - and I sincerely, sincerely thank you.

Should be warmer there than it is here.  Although, I was hoping for high 80's it  looks like it will be 70's.

I will not complain.

Okay, maybe I'll complain about my continued back pain.  Seriously?  Over. It.
I'm doing everything I know to do, following doc orders and just can't seem to keep the pain under control. And the really frustrating thing?  I feel good for a day or two and then bam - more pain and not necessarily in the same spot.  So frustrating.  So done.

And I'm gonna take that broken back and go ride 107 miles.  I am bat crap crazy.

Is it just me or are people really struggling?  I mean, all around me are family members, friends, acquaintances, neighbors etc that are going through some really crappy challenges.  Like REALLY crappy.  Like the kind that makes my heart hurt and my eyes leak.  I feel for them.

I'm over here knocking on wood because other than a little back pain, and some usual annoyances, life is pretty good at the mCat's house.  We've had a nice run for a couple of years, I've enjoyed the break.  Life is good.  I shouldn't hold my breath right?  What is life if not challenges to refine us and make us grow.

I'll enjoy the calm before the storm.

My poor doggie.  Had over 20 teeth pulled.  At least she has her four front fangs so her tongue will stay in.  Her breath has never smelled better.  Dental hygiene for dogs is not to be ignored.  Lesson learned.

Sooo, I'm seriously toying with the idea of doing an Ironman.  Okay, I'll do a half Ironman first, but I really want to check that off my bucket list.  Good thing I like to bike and swim and I'm decent at them.  I am excited for the cross training over the winter and working at all three disciplines.

I can't believe it's been almost a whole year since my kids moved back from SoCal.  I have loved every minute of having them so close.  Not gonna lie, sort of miss the excuses to take a long weekend and jet off to Chloeefornia, but weighing it all, I much prefer them closer to home.  Love having all my little chickens gathered around.

Working on another tree for Festival of Tree's.  Remember when I did one a couple of years ago?  Click here to refresh your memory.  This one is running themed (big surprise), to promote awareness for Cystic Fibrosis and to honor my DIL and her Cysters that live with it.  You can catch her story here.  It's been fun coming up with ideas but stressful making them happen.  Once I get home from the ride, my attention will be 100% on Festival.  I'm excited to see how this turns out.  And hope that I can actually pull it all together.  Maybe you could keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'm grateful for the friends and family that are helping me.  No way could I do this alone.

November is a slow time at the running store.  Which kind of bums me out.  I miss the familiar faces that come in often, the new people I meet and the stories of training and racing.  Can't wait for the first of the new year when everyone gets their resolutions going and training ramps back up.  I think I'm addicted to the positive energy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Peace and blessings yo
xoxox
mCat






 


2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Enjoy AZ! Should be a good time, soak up some vitamin D. You'll need it for the gray days ahead.

Ya, crappy stuff is just so hard.
Glad for your break. You've so deserved it.

Kelly said...

Nice to read one of your rambles once again. Hope your back gets better! I hate pain. Good luck with all you juggling Mcat