Sunday, August 24, 2014

Heaven is real.....

It's been a weird and emotional week.  Lot's of sad and depressing things in the news, drama on facebook, commotion around the world and people suffering.  I find when it's to be a little too much for me, I go to my happy place to feel safe, secure and comforted.

And by happy place, we all know I mean my nest.

And by my nest, we all know my bed.

Today is no exception.  This time however I need more than just my blankies and my puppies.  I want my family.  I want every son, daughter, and grandgirl right here in my nest with me.

Ain't gonna happen today.

BUT - it did happen last weekend at the cabin!  Seriously, the best weekend of my life!  Splenda Daddy and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with our entire posterity!  Bonus:  At the very site of our honeymoon!  Yeah, go ahead and giggle.....

My happiness through pictures in no particular order.....
Just a tiny piece of heaven in the woods

Games

Horseshoes

I've taught them to pack food well

Cool evenings on the deck

Cousin's games

Sitting out on the deck in the heat of the day watching the Sandlot all piled around a laptop


Chloee loved feeding the squirrels, Jack loved chasing them

No hunting allowed.  Can ya tell?

Puzzle fun with Mind's, Chlo and Luke


The happiest seven year old in all the land!

Throwin shoes like a boss



The view up the creek from the perfect sitting rock


It's a bit of a climb down to the water, but so worth it


Karalee ran the Hobble Creek Half Saturday morning (that's her bling around her neck) but they came right back for the rest of the weekend

One should always eat Frosted Flakes with the appropriate safety gear



Addy and Aunt Leelee


The boys had a plan to surprise the girls down at the water and instead got lost and had an adventure of their own


No cell service at the cabin.  We were all "unplugged" from the world.

Mindy and I went on a great run Friday morning

Yeah, she's faster than me

A beautiful doe, right off the driveway

You can't turn around without having a spectacular view

My favorite place for a run!



30 years of happiness with my Splenda!

More games

Splenda Daddy and I had to come down to Park City Friday afternoon to work the Park City Marathon Expo.  I think he looks pretty natural there behind some WRC product.  He can tell you what socks are anti-blister!

Saturday morning we were at the finish line of the Park City Marathon to swag out our Grand Slammers.  This is some random dude that made me laugh with his shirt.

We came back to the cabin to a greeting sign - courtesy of Mindy!!


Selfie with my bff

Jace loved the water


Jordan wants to be near me so badly that she attempted three times to get on the rock and hurt herself in the process.  I've never met a more loyal companion dog.





We started a rock throwing/water splashing contest.  Chloee kept trading teams to whoever was winning :)

She loves her Aunt Mindy


Addy loved the cabin too



Zoey sprawled out enjoying an afternoon nap

Addy creates her own Uno game


My world right there

The view from my position laying on the couch and out the front windows.  Beautiful.

Selfie with Zoey

It went something like this:
Chloee: "Hey Mindy, wanna do this puzzle with me?"
Mindy ends up doing puzzle because Chloee is bored after a minute.
Mindy = great puzzle finisher

A nice nap on the couch.  I'm the dog whisperer.....

More Addy fun and games





Last morning there and even though she's putting out some food for the squirrels, she's not happy that we have to leave.


Still not happy

Even with the cool skull the boys found

Even Jack's sad to leave

Like really sad.  "Can't we stay just one more day?"

Me and my love after a perfect weekend.

Good bye cabin......until next time.

It really was perfect.  For the first time in our family's life, we were all together in one spot for several days.   Everyone happy, getting along, no bickering (like when they were little), great gospel discussions, life talks, laughing harder than we've ever laughed before, and in general being together and realizing just how much we love each other and how grateful we are to be a family.

As we pulled out of the canyon after locking up, I started to cry as I thought about the amazing blessing we had just been given.  I turned to Splenda Daddy and said, "You know, I could die right now and be perfectly happy"

It was THAT great of a weekend.  

I have the best family.  I am blessed beyond anything I deserve.  I know such happiness is not going to last and we are sure to have some struggles thrown our way (such is the way of life) - but for those 4 days, it was exactly the way I picture heaven to be like.

And it.was.AWESOME.











3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That looks like it was a bit of heaven!!!
I loved looking at all the pictures! You have some very handsome men. 30 years went by in a flash didn't it?

Chloe looks like she is totally in her element, entertaining the dogs and the cousin.

Your DIL's are darling.

You totally deserve this.

Such a gorgeous spot.

Pedaling said...

I can see pure joy written all over your face!
Love all the pictures- I can't think of a more perfect anniversary celebration for you and Splenda!!

Lene said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your Splenda Daddy. You deserve all the happiness you've been blessed with!